Will KVNV be added to NYC Locals come July 31?

Hunter Mackenzie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Just wanted to ask the forum if anyone knows if KVNV that moved from Nevada to New Jersey will be added to DISH on July 31? I know some who have Comcast in New Jersey already got notice that KVNV is going to be added on Thursday both HD and SD Channels. KVNV I believe is going to change calls when it goes on the air to WJLP which is going to be NYC's ME-TV Station

KVNV (or perhaps WJLP if they decide to change the calls) is a full power station with must carry. There is currently a delay requested by Cablevision and other systems as a result of an objection filed with the FCC by WFSB in CT. That station objects to the use of cable ch 3 (it was stated that WFSB may continue to use ch 3 in CT) and they also object to the new station's use of PSIP 3. The FCC has stated that it will review that (however it has already dismissed WFSB's previous submission of this objection) and reply shortly. After there is a decision, the cable/telco/satelite operators have 90 days to add the station. The station had plans to be on the air in September, they now indicate "Fall of 2014." Hope that helps!

I would be curious to know if any systems go ahead and relocate anything on ch 3 as previously planned, and if so, what they put there. Aside from that, KVNV seems to be moving ahead - they placed several help wanted ads for an engineer, producer and traffic controller.

The antenna is on the Conde Nast tower at 4 Times Square. The issue before the FCC is regarding the use of channel 3. WFSB wants KVNV to use a PSIP of 33 instead. The FCC stated that they would have an expedited decision, and at that time, system operators would have 90 days to add the channel.

Some more news regarding MeTV New York...
WFSB, the CBS station in Hartford, CT has objected to a station transmitting from NYC using a PSIP of 3. They also objected to the possibility of loosing cable ch 3 in Fairfield County, CT. PMCM has offered to drop any right to cable 3 in that county, as well as to give up PSIP 3.1 through 3.9 and will only use 3.10 and up. WFSB has rejected that proposal.
The creator of a variety show that started airing on MeTV Wilmington/Philadelphia and was to air in NY/NJ as well, stated he is putting his show on hiatus until the situation is resolved -- which he estimated as mid 2015. I doubt that it would take that long to resolve such an issue. Would the FCC even care, since it is not an RF issue? (WFSB's previous objection was dismissed.) In fact, NYC already has such an overlap -- WZME, BRIDGEPORT, CT and WNXY-LD NEW YORK, NY and channels appear in this order:

43-1 WZME Me-TV
43-1 WNXY CCTV News
43-2 WZME The Works
43-2 WNXY CCTV 4
43-3 WNXY CCTV Spanish

Does anyone know if the work at 4TS to install a larger antenna is complete? I do know many stations had to operate at reduced power for a while as construction was underway.

KVNV / WJLP IS ON THE AIR!
Bronx-20140929-00328.jpg
Not sure yet what happened with the FCC and WFSB, the CBS affiliate in Hartford, CT using virtual 3 and complaining of potential interference and confusion from the launch of a new station using the same virtual channel. It should be noted that KVNV / WJLP is using 3.10, giving WFSB up to 9 continuous channels from 3.1 through 3.9, Just color bars at the moment, no sound. Program description is "KVNV-DT Event 373" with "KVNV-DT Event 374" up next. Weird? Absolutely! Hopefully the FCC will have their comments posted shortly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts