Will my old DirecTV dish work with Dish Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Drumboy

Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
I have an old DirecTV dish that I'd like to use at a vacation house with my current Dish Network receiver but I'm not sure if it will work. I don't feel like climbing up on my 2nd story roof to get the current dish off the house.

Thanks

IDK, but I can probably find out tonight. The DirecTV dish came with the cheapest receiver about 7 years ago and the Dishnetwork receiver is an HD receiver that's about 6 months old.

if its a single lnb directv dish,it should work for one location only. If you are wanting to get all of your Dish Network programming you will have to get a Dish Network dish to pick up all of the satellite locations needed.

Also, even if you decided to use the Directv dish, you would still have to climb up on the roof to realign it to the proper satellite.

Here is a list of former and current DirecTV dishes.

If you have one that might work, you'd still need to run "check switch" on your Dish receiver whenever you took it to the cabin, and again when you brought it home.
Then, as described above, you'd only get the programming on the one bird that this dish was pointed at.
...after you repointed to one of the Dish satellites. (I'll suggest 119º)
Better than nothing, but it's up to you.

he'd either have to get a D* dish or 4 single orbital Direct dishes....id go with just the one (possibly two depending on region) dish though...

I have an old DirecTV dish that I'd like to use at a vacation house with my current Dish Network receiver but I'm not sure if it will work. I don't feel like climbing up on my 2nd story roof to get the current dish off the house.

Thanks
If its a old Directv dish it probably is equivalent to legacy DISH and will work for ONE satellite with all DISH receivers. Obviously lots of restrictions with only one satellite and it will have to be re-aimed.