Will my Spectrum TV Choice Cloud DVR+ record when my wi-fi router is connected to my VPN?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, first off, if my Spectrum TV Choice Cloud DVR+ can't record when my wi-fi router is connected to my subscription of ExpressVPN, it's not a big loss, and most of the time my VPN is turned off. But anyways, I know that my Spectrum TV Choice subscription goes by my connection to my modem and also depends on my subscription to their internet service (at least I think that's the case for those examples), but I don't know if the wi-fi router connection matters (it's a Linksys in case you need to know). And even though it doesn't bother me too much, I'd still like to know if my wi-fi router being connected to ExpressVPN affects the cloud DVR recordings at all, and I'm sure occasionally there may be a recording I don't want to sacrifice, so for those reasons I'm curious. Thoughts?

By definition, a cloud DVR is remotely located and will not be impacted by your home broadband or LAN connection other than your ability to access it.

You're likely to run into other similar problems with a router-based VPN.

Having to turn off the VPN to use the DVR isn't likely to promote peace and harmony in the home.

By definition, a cloud DVR is remotely located and will not be impacted by your home broadband or LAN connection other than your ability to access it.

You're likely to run into other similar problems with a router-based VPN.

Having to turn off the VPN to use the DVR isn't likely to promote peace and harmony in the home.
One thing I forgot to mention, the Spectrum TV app doesn't work when I have my VPN on, but I'm reasoning by your post that that doesn't matter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)