Will NE1 post their OTA signal level please? (1 Viewer)

Digitude

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 6, 2004
19
0
My satellite sig is 85. My OTA sig is 35-40. All digital UHF stations are dropping out. I need someone with no OTA problems to post a signal level so I'll know how far off I am. Remote refresher: Help, info, OK and then down arrow to System Status-Channel.
 

andrzej

Board Certified User
Supporting Founder
Feb 18, 2004
690
0
Boston subs
Digitude said:
My satellite sig is 85. My OTA sig is 35-40. All digital UHF stations are dropping out. I need someone with no OTA problems to post a signal level so I'll know how far off I am. Remote refresher: Help, info, OK and then down arrow to System Status-Channel.

Using the simplest antenna my OTA quality # is 80-85. But I am only 7 miles from the transmission tower.
 

Digitude

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 6, 2004
19
0
andrzej said:
Using the simplest antenna my OTA quality # is 80-85. But I am only 7 miles from the transmission tower.
Okay thanks. I'm looking for someone 25-30 miles away.
 

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
23,813
104
Newport News, VA
sat signal 95. OTA I am 20 miles from towers, it depends on the station actually some morons broadcast at 5 KW (the only station that doesnt pass on their HD content here) and some at 300 KW. All stations are UHF.
CBS signal quality 85-90
NBC signal quality 70-80
ABC signall quality 50-70 depending on weather it seems
PBS signal quality 50-60
UPN signal quality 70
WB signal quality(the low power morons) 25-30 (but stable comes in fine)
FOX signal quality 80-90 (yeah baby)
PAX signal quality 35-45 (stable comes in fine but why would anyone watch?)

Note: on a hughes e86 HIRD almost all but 2 station usually register 95-100.
SIgnal is diplexed at the antenna in the attic of one story house to 2 recievers.
Antenna rca ant40u uhf only directional yagi style. Laying on the floor of the attic. Luckily all towers are at 186 degrees, 192 degrees and 194 degrees and all are 19-20 miles away so no rotator needed. perfect for OTA antenna. But directional is a must, because of towers with the same stations from other cities and multipathing. :p
 

Digitude

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 6, 2004
19
0
vurbano said:
Luckily all towers are at 186 degrees, 192 degrees and 194 degrees and all are 19-20 miles away so no rotator needed. perfect for OTA antenna. But directional is a must, because of towers with the same stations from other cities and multipathing. :p
I'm looking for the same channels all transmitting from the same direction (264 degrees). Guess I should quit screwing around with omnis and get me a good yagi. Just wanted to exhaust all my freebies from Voom.
 

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
23,813
104
Newport News, VA
are they all UHF? IF you want my model just search it on the net its still for sale for 50-60 dollars at a couple places. Got mine for 35 bucks on ebay, but i think its discontinued now. Also many swear by the channelmaster 4228 here. Well if your likle me ive decided never ever to go back to cable, they will never be able to come to terms with all the local affiliates here and do NOT offer an OTA tuner. Therefore I want to own my own antenna. If you cancel V* you can use it with another service.

Let me assure you, once you get it right and you see how crystal clear uncompressed full bandwidth digital and HD OTA looks like....they will have to pry that antenna out of your cold dead hands! (if your local affiliates are not cutting a bunch of sd channels out of their HD channel) LMAO
 

Videofx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 10, 2004
242
0
I am 40 miles from my transmitters and my off air power is 75 and my quality is 43.

This is also the worst channel we get is Chicago as CBS broadcasts are low power.

Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top