will NY, LA, Denver stay on CONUS?

bearpaw

Original poster
Nov 3, 2006
Scott or anyone who may know--

will NY, LA and other distants stay on US beam or go to spot--
it would certainly help those of us that RV from those locations. Or go south for the winter.

From what I know the answer to that would be, they would be moved to spot beams.

No one will know though until its done. The fight continues on.

Thanks to everyone who has called their senators.

It really doesn't matter. DNS will be gone on 12/1. Read the relevant threads for details.

Scott or anyone who may know--

will NY, LA and other distants stay on US beam or go to spot--
it would certainly help those of us that RV from those locations. Or go south for the winter.

There are always smaller market DMA (like mine) that are on conus 129 for now... Of course in a couple years when the replacement spot beam satellite for 129 goes up looks like they will probably go away too...

As an RVer and with the RV Waiver, I too received the shutoff warning and wrote letters to my senators although I expect it won't be a high priority for them with an election merely days away.

Our local marker (Raleigh/Durham) is supposed to go live on 118.7W for HD this month but I can find very little info. on that satellite from lyngsat but what little info I found indicates that satellite to be CONUS.

That might help me at least in the short term. Let's only hope our politicians can do something for the people for a change....

Maybe we could push or suggest to Charlei that they keep some markets that have the most RVers on CONUS. That way they could LEGALLY still get their signal and HELP many out.

622 Question - Trying to hookup TV2 to a Slingbox..

HDMI switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)