Will royal wedding be most-watched TV show ever?

I personally do not understand the fascination! We fought a war to get rid of royalty and now you can't turn on the morning news without having to listen to an endless barrage of "royal wedding" garbage. I will be glad when it's over and I don't have to hear about it anymore.

I hear ya. The Middle did a very funny show about this two days ago. I see all of these celebrities being knighted and being called sir . Big deal.

I kinda think it will be an unavoidable event unless you are "off the grid" that day, replayed ad nauseum ... ;)
Not as unavoidable as his parents. Back then, all 3 networks covered it, and so you were screwed if you wanted something else.

Now though, people will just turn to another channel (HBO, ESPN, Cartoon Network, etc...).

Well, they've scheduled an hour long "highlights of the royal wedding" so you guys can have it both ways. ;)

Imagine the pressure some editors will be under to pop that out in a matter of hours.

For you who don't want to watch the Wedding but want some kind of British Television may I suggest the following. Some of you won't even know what I'm talking about.

Dave Allen at Large
Benny Hill
The Two Ronnies
Monty Python
The Movie "Sid and Nancy"
A Hard Days Night

Ugh! This is all getting sickening. For two weeks prior to this wedding you could flip through a half a dozen random channels without seeing this garbage on at least one of them. And now that the wedding is over, I still can’t! At any given time of channel surfing I see at least 7 or 8 channels taking about this crap. WHO THE HELL CARES??? These are just people, nobody special. Hell, they have no real power anyway. I fail to see the fascination with any of this. I can’t stand going to weddings in real life, last thing I want to see on TV is a wedding between some schmucks overseas, who are useless. $10 bucks says they’ll be divorced in two years anyhow.

tumblr_lkem6oN8FS1qgvu4wo1_500.jpgFor you who don't like the Royal Family buy what I did.

Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza

Any of you watch Ax Men?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)