will santa bring us extra goodies tomorrow (6/15)

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
we know equatorhd is coming tomorrow, but I wonder if there'll be surprise goodies, like food network and sci fi, or dare i hope, inhd.

think about it. equator is their own channel, right, so they could start it on any day. why not at the beginning of the week instead of the 15th, middle of the month. that sounds like a contractual thing. could it be they want to debut it with some other channels hmmm.

(yes i have no life :)

I really, really, really, REALLY wish I could get into hype mode again, eagerly anticipating InHD1/2 or something new and cool at the least. However, judging from past events I'm gonna go w/ a 99% sure bet that they dont give us anything good tomorrow besides EquatorHD. Here's hoping that EQHD is a great channel!

I just looked through the guide and don't see Equator listed. The 21 Exclusive Channels all look the same. The Cinema 10 channels are the same.

So I would say the program guide says nothing. I guess I'll have to wait till the top of the hour to see if the "red couch" says anything. Where's VOOM Guy when you need him :D

bryan27 said:
I just looked through the guide and don't see Equator listed. The 21 Exclusive Channels all look the same. The Cinema 10 channels are the same.

I noticed the other day that a few Cinema 10 channels are named differently on my guide. Maybe your guide hasn't been updated?

They actually are not giving us a "new" channel as much as shuffling around their channels. We will still have the same number of HD channels. Epics is being merged into HD Cinema 10 and Equator HD is taking its place.

Instead, we are getting new content. That is nice, but they are leaving some space open for more HD channels. I wonder what is coming down the road? After all, they have space for 39 channels of HD until October, when they will get even more room. What is going to be added between now and October that requires them to limit their exclusives to 21 channels?

each one of those 21 exclusives is only about 25 percent full in my opinion. I am glad they are consolidating. But I am sure equator could have been consolidated into a "show" not a network.

vurbano, not exactly, if you could have a 6-8 hour loop that changes daily or every other day of exclusive Travel channel (not discovery necessarily) type programming without commercials I think that warrants its own "channel". I'm glad Cinema10 is taking a cut back since that is all older movies I can see them consolidating that into something smaller and adding genre specific channels.

Moov is another equally useless channel, unless they start playing real music videos or something I say that is the next channel that needs an axe. It's even named Moov! (although more aptly it should be called the Screen Saver Channel).

Moov is an interesting concept, but one that doesn't work with the current drop acid and watch this type of screen savers. I would axe Moov, but first I would give them some time to play with the format and see if they strike gold. After all, MTV sounded like a stupid idea to most people when it started. While I am not an MTV fan, I can see that it ended up being a successful channel.

Well, if each channel is only 25% full right now (on average, as I would say Monsters HD would qualify as 100% and Moov at just above 0%) then the question is that with the rate of new content added, how long until each channel is at 75-100%?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)