Will switch to Dish from Directv - 622 & ota q's

purell

Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
I have 1 hdtv and 2 sdtv

As I understand it - I will get 1 622 hd box and 1 sd box

The 1 sd tv will share the signal from the 622 hd box. The other will use it's own box.

My question is - can I record hd program and watch hd or sd program on my hdtv - while someone else is watching sd program on the other tv (using the 622)?

Also I currently have the Zenith silver sensor antenna for ota hd. I have it in my tv room. It get most of the reception.

My question is can Dish Network install it in the roof or attic when they bring all my new equipment OR do I have to order another OTA antenna from them.

Is there a better one?

My zip code is 91302

Yes both tvs can view and record independently of each other while both are in use on the 622. The silver sensor will work with the 622 but I don't know if they will move it for you.

purell said:
I have 1 hdtv and 2 sdtv

As I understand it - I will get 1 622 hd box and 1 sd box

The 1 sd tv will share the signal from the 622 hd box. The other will use it's own box.

My question is - can I record hd program and watch hd or sd program on my hdtv - while someone else is watching sd program on the other tv (using the 622)?...
AFAIK there are three 'tuners' in a 622 - 2 satellite and 1 OTA.

Assuming...
* TV2 is using one of the satellite tuners (watching OR recording while watching a program in SD) and

* TV1 is using the other satellite tuner to record an HD (or SD program)

TV1 can then
1 - watch the HD program while it is being recorded (e.g. time delayed) or
2 - watch anything that has already been recorded or
2 - watch a program OTA

But TV1 can not watch a different program via satellite because all of the satellite tuners are busy.

Talon Dancer

Edit: Corrected wording on TV2.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts