Will the Cubs get a playoff spot in 2007?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Will the Cubs get a playoff spot in 2007?

• Yes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters
maybe, all the spending is the reason poor jim hendry needed heart surgery!!

all i can say........i hope the cubs get a decent return for all that loot!!!

Yes, but hopefully not enough to beat the Reds. :)

of course, ramy. but have you noticed that just because a team opens their wallet, it doesn't guarantee a championship. can you say yankees, mets, knicks.......!

speaking of cubs and reds, ramy, what's your take on the reds picking up josh hamilton? could this be another inexpensive, brilliant move from wayne ``the man'' krivsky?

[
"The 26-year-old Marquis went 14-16 for the St. Louis Cardinals in 2006 with a 6.02 ERA. He struggled after the All-Star break, going just 3-10, and did not make the postseason rotation for the eventual World Series champions." quote from above

I would say he quit more then struggled. i saw him pitch several times and it looked like he didn't care. Cardinal fans dont boo the home team much, but he got a few. Also the manager and pitching coach think he is a blockhead . They would try to correct his delivery but he had to do it his own way. And now he's on his way to the Cubs LOL

[
"The 26-year-old Marquis went 14-16 for the St. Louis Cardinals in 2006 with a 6.02 ERA. He struggled after the All-Star break, going just 3-10, and did not make the postseason rotation for the eventual World Series champions." quote from above

I would say he quit more then struggled. i saw him pitch several times and it looked like he didn't care. Cardinal fans dont boo the home team much, but he got a few. Also the manager and pitching coach think he is a blockhead . They would try to correct his delivery but he had to do it his own way. And now he's on his way to the Cubs LOL

I don't know Dantheman....I would bot gloat too much....you will more than likely lose 2 from your start rotation....THAT IS HARD TO RECOVER FROM. You cannot say the Cardinals are the overwhelming favorite because it is WIDE OPEN in the Central.

I don't know Dantheman....I would bot gloat too much....you will more than likely lose 2 from your start rotation....THAT IS HARD TO RECOVER FROM. You cannot say the Cardinals are the overwhelming favorite because it is WIDE OPEN in the Central.

?? was not gloating at all. not sure how you got that. was saying that im glad we are rid of him, when a player dosent care anymore, let him go. your right salsa, we do need pitchers. we have our stud, carpenter, the latest reclamation project, kip wells and promising rookie(last year) reyes who pitched a great WS game 1.
they think we have a decent chance at jeff weaver, suppan, not likeley. thinking of bringing adam wainright out of bullpen to the rotation. that was the plan all along, but with closer, izzy out to mid season it messe that move up. i would say we are favorites in the central, but not overwhelming...execpt to the cubs!!!!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)