Will the HWS ever get the CUI?

The Mrs. is getting ready to retire, we might need to cut expenses.

Looking to buy a TiVo Roamio OTA, maybe a mini to go with it.

If Dish forces me to accept the new CUI I may just take my $100+ per month and leave (quickly pays for itself).

I already have several TiVos that I use to record all the OTA stuff I watch, and there are a few - very few programs I might miss.

My Roamio has a 2 1/2 hour guide. I set it to 7PM for Prime time, then I get a list out to 9:30PM. So I can usually read the 9PM partial and determine what is on for Prime Time.

My Roamio has a 2 1/2 hour guide. I set it to 7PM for Prime time, then I get a list out to 9:30PM. So I can usually read the 9PM partial and determine what is on for Prime Time.
Post a picture of your 2 1/2 hour guide.
Because my Roamio plus 2 1/2 hour guide is a Full 2 hours, and that addtional 1/2 is cut off and hardly legible until you scroll over.

The Hopper UI is a Fully legible 2 1/2 hour guide.

So IMO someone that complains about Dish new UI going from 3 to 2 1/2. And is deemed unacceptable, Yet is willing to accept a Tivo with a 2 1/4 hour guide ???

aac0370930343e39f96f61e77e9095ae.jpg

bead8c1ca7d1047d00509a77a8365c7d.jpg

Reactions: Hall
Post a picture of your 2 1/2 hour guide.
Because my Roamio plus 2 1/2 hour guide is a Full 2 hours, and that addtional 1/2 is cut off and hardly legible until you scroll over.

The Hopper UI is a Fully legible 2 1/2 hour guide.

So IMO someone that complains about Dish new UI going from 3 to 2 1/2. And is deemed unacceptable, Yet is willing to accept a Tivo with a 2 1/4 hour guide ???

aac0370930343e39f96f61e77e9095ae.jpg

bead8c1ca7d1047d00509a77a8365c7d.jpg
Does your TV have a horizontal picture setting you can adjust? My Romio doesn't have all the space to the left of channel numbers that is shown in your picture and I can see the full 1/2 hour on the right side.

If it's a 1080p TV, you don't need screen adjustment. It should be set to pixel for pixel or your TV brand's equivalent. Then all info will show on the screen.

Reactions: Troch77
20161118_210352.jpg

My Premiere set to HD Guide has current listing for 8 channels plus the next 8 programs for the current channel.

My TiVo HDs all have 3 hour guide with 8 channels.

Isn't primetime programming relayed (and delayed) by your local stations ? If not, that means a show like The Big Bang Theory is on at 7pm in CST ? Even worse, people in CA have it on at 5pm ? That doesn't seem likely or practical. Before DVRs, how could many people watch ? They can still be at work, on the way from work, etc.

Obviously that can't apply to networks like USA, AMC, and so on.

The networks broadcast twice each evening. Once for the Eastern and Central Time Zone and once for the Mountain and the Western Time Zone. That is why on CBS Football Sunday, the programs may be late in the Eastern and Central, but are shown on time(their time) in Mountain and Western.

I think the guy that said he got the CUI automatically, was trolling. No one else has. Scott, do you hear anything from Dish about the pubic release of the HWS CUI?

Last edited:
I assure you, I got CUI on one of my Hopper w/ Slings automatically. After about a week and the second Hopper with Sling hadn't gotten CUI automatically, I forced the download. Now, minus a few issues watching hopper #2 recordings from hopper #1 and general sluggishness in the menus, we've been fairly satisfied with it.