Will the Installer Have the Right Equip?

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
I called into verify my order with DISH that I placed last Friday today - since I had received my email information overnight which contained no programming or equipement info.

The CSR told me everything was okay - I'd get my 622 via UPS - the tech would bring the 211 with them to the install. However, they didn't have my request for a 3rd standard receiver in the system.

Instead of adding it to my order, since the CSR told me that would push my install date back even further - she told me since it was a standard receiver - I should just tell the tech to add it to the order when he calls to confirm my appointment a few days prior to it.

1) Do the techs call ahead to verify your install appointment?
2) If the work order doesn't show 3 receivers, and only shows 2, will he have the correct switches, etc? I'm getting two dishes with the Platinum HD pack.

Thanks guys - it's still practically a month away and i'm already nervous!

If you plan to have 3 outlets (2from the 622 and the extra reciever) The switching is the sam as the ones used for the 211 and dother reciever. If your plane is 1 622, 1-211 and a 311 then the switching will be much different.

If I did the install I call all my customers @8am to let them know what about what time I will be arriving (I have gotten 4 am installs) and ask questions to check for red flags for the install( deck only needs, a pole the wok order is wrong etc). However I dont think that many installers do this so dont count on it.

Mike-
Thanks - I actually plan to have 1 TV off of the 622 - 1 TV off of the 211, and 1 TV off of the 311 (i'm assuming thats the standard receiver).

Do you think I should call back in and make sure they add specific notes to the work order or do you, as a tech, usually carry more than 1 switch, etc?

I had 4 different installers on a Dish1000, one came back twice. Only two had a ladder capable of more than six feet and only two had peaking meters. It was a joke.

If you dont have the 622 It is not likly that this install is on the work order so the installer wont get paid for the work or the part (most people dont work for free) It also means that they might not have the parts to install 3 recievers. If however all the recievers will be there when he arrives the installer might have the extra reciever and switch on the van. He will need a DP twn, DP34 or DPP44 in order to complete the install with 3 recievers. He will also need a 311 the parts except for the DPP44 are very common and the installer should have them on the truck. It is common for me to have to change work orders at the site provided that they are completed on the same day. When a work order is changed it always changes the schedualed date but if it is completed on the date of the change it OK.

Mike-
Well, i'm supposed to receive the 622 via UPS before the install (but who knows if i'll get it before 3/4/06) - so it's definitely on the work order. they told me the tech would bring the 211. So right there, the two receivers would "be here".

I would have to hope the tech has an extra 311 in his van.

downriver said:
I had 4 different installers on a Dish1000, one came back twice. Only two had a ladder capable of more than six feet and only two had peaking meters. It was a joke.

Sub contractors, gotta love em.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)