Will the installer just let me do it (622) ??

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
Hello,

I already have the separate dish pointed to 129, I have a space cleared on the shelf.

Will the installer agree to just hand me the 622 at the door and go on his way ?

Hello,

I already have the separate dish pointed to 129, I have a space cleared on the shelf.

Will the installer agree to just hand me the 622 at the door and go on his way ?

It depends. I have always done all of my installs/upgrades. Dish just sends me any leased equipment, although three of my receivers and all dishes and switches are owned. Basically, Dish seems to look at your history with them. If you seem to know what you are doing and have never needed a service call, they are more likely to send you the equipment for self-install.

When you look on the Dish site, it even has an option for self-install of a 622.

When he/she arrives, ask them "do you want this to be the easiest install of the day or week?". Tell them to have a seat, offer a drink or a small bit to eat, and tell them you'll do the hook-ups and all they have to do is call it in to authorize. That way it still looks like they did the work.....

I did a self-install of an owned 622 that was essentially replacing an 811 that had worked very well since E* did that upgrade. (I assisted with that one and learned a lot.) When the 622 arrived I did the swap, ran the set-up and D/L protocol, then called E* to activate it, which they did with no questions asked. I would probably not have done that however if I wasn't already convinced that all the rest of the HW was installed correctly and completely functional. FWIW, I really did enjoy the time I spent assisting the installer on the 811 upgrade, and I know it saved him some time and grief as well. You never know what you'll learn...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts