Will the Lack Of a dishwire stop u from buying a 921

I would still like to have a functional 921 - with an OTA guide. The number one thing stopping me from getting a 921 is....

THEY ARE NOT SELLING THEM!

I figure I'll get one some time in 2005 if Dish Network is still in the Satellite business anyway.

beast37799 said:
exactly dish is losing sales hands over fist :shocked
and mike who exactly is they? :confused:

They is Disn Network and their retailers. Or did I miss something? If I want one where do I get it?

I bought a JVC 30K betting on the firewire and the 921. Since Voom came out and Dish will not enable the Dishwire, the 921 is no longer an option for me (plus the dismal HD programming Dish carries), hopefully Voom will have firewire on their DVR.

beast37799 said:
mike i was talking when they dish and the retaliers do decide to start selling them again and yes mike even though dish dont sell them directly they do make sales from selling them to retailers

My comment was that no one is selling them - as in I can't buy one from anywhere! I understand that someday Dish retailers will be selling them - at least I hope someday...

-Mike

53 less people means I'm going to get my 921 that much quicker :d

c'mon, c'mon, theres got to be more people that no longer want the 921

c'mon, c'mon show yourselves :D

The lack of dishwire is dissapointing to me, but not a deal killer. I wasn't planning on buying anything to interface with it anytime soon anyway. What does concern me is the inability of E* to put out a quality product in the first place. I bought an HDTV about a year ago thinking that the 921 was going to be out anytime. I figured after a year they'd have the bugs worked out. So much for that idea I guess.

gredneck said:
53 less people means I'm going to get my 921 that much quicker :d

c'mon, c'mon, theres got to be more people that no longer want the 921

c'mon, c'mon show yourselves :D

And for the 8 of you (at the moment) who are going to return yours. Don't forget about your friends here on the boards. We might be willing to take them off of your hands :yes

Gonna wait it out, see if the D* tivo is hard drive upgradable, and if the V* box has firewire... leaning towards D* for the nfl stuff though, no ota around here so that is not an option. The 169 mod for the E* recievers doesn't look quite as bad now.

FaxMan said:
And for the 8 of you (at the moment) who are going to return yours. Don't forget about your friends here on the boards. We might be willing to take them off of your hands :yes

I won't forget as my 921 is going to go up for sale very soon.

Now that Dishwire is history,as soon as the HD Directv TIVO is available (seems like a few folks have already gotten their hands on one), I can get back the great functionality I have had for 3 years with my SA TIVO but in HD as well.

Joe

n0qcu said:
Gredneck, save yourself some money, Just buy the cheap $3 tapes and drill a hole in the proper spot and it will record the digital just fine.
He's right about the tapes I used SVHS tapes on my DVHS jvc deck no problem and the SVHS tapes don't need the drill!
I need a 921 now! I may onl;y have few days left....................
Wife: ‘Did you see the deck needs fixing really bad?’
Now I’m not going down without a fight even though I’m not 100% sure what devious plans she has stored away in her arsenal.
Me: ‘Well yeah I guess, doesn’t look to bad to me. Wood does rot you know, it’s natural!’ (See I didn’t survive 25 years of this, by being a complete idiot.)
Wife: ‘We should get it fixed you know, one of the boys could trip on it ‘(Ah ha the child endanger trick, Rats, no know defense without consequence. Oh well what could it cost?
Me: ‘Well yeah what could it cost? It’s only a few pieces of wood?
Wife: A thousand dollars, I checked, with Ted next door. (You’d think same species would look out for one another, bastard just got a 50” DPL and I didn’t go raining on his parade)
Me (Well I didn’t actually say anything, my mouth was open, no words came out, but, no, no she couldn’t possible be heading in THAT direction.’
Wife: Might as well use that $1000 you’ve been saving for that stupid 999 thingy ma jig
Me: ‘921’
Wife: ‘Whatever, does it even exist? We need a deck now’
Me: But! (Pathetic I know but lots of things going on in my brain right now including my brain screaming I am ! I am a complete idiot!)
Wife: Well you could rebuild it yourself while you wait for that 678 do da.
Me: Right ( I whisper , my heads spinning now , just wish I taped the whole thing so I can study her tactics for next time) I start typing www.buildyourownf%&*indeck.com

I use the regular tapes in it now.

BOTWHORT:
looks like your going to have to drive around the neighborhood picking up "scraps" of
wood to do the deck, if you want to get that 921 :D

I also am not an archiver, but I seriously saw the need for D/W to DVHS simply due to the 25 hour limit. My 721 recently had as much as 85 hours of material on it. Granted we record quite a bit but do not always watch it all. We had some issues at home that kept us from being able to stay current for only a few weeks. Sure was surprising how quickly the disk filled up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts