Will The New Version Of The 811 Have The Best Mepeg4 Chipset

bobd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
MINNEAPOLIS MN 55418
Question For All You Guys. When They Build These New Hd Boxes Are We Getting The Best Chipset For Decoding. Do You Think These New Boxes Will Last A Long Time So We All Do Not Have To Upgrade Again.the Point Being Will A Better Chipset Decoder Come Shortly After We All Spend More Money On These New Mpeg4 Boxes. Do You All Think We Should Wait And Not Get Them Right Away.

Question For All You Guys. When They Build These New Hd Boxes Are We Getting The Best Chipset For Decoding. Do You Think These New Boxes Will Last A Long Time So We All Do Not Have To Upgrade Again.the Point Being Will A Better Chipset Decoder Come Shortly After We All Spend More Money On These New Mpeg4 Boxes. Do You All Think We Should Wait And Not Get Them Right Away.

Which chipset is going to have the best MPEG-4 decoding? If you can predict that now, you'll have any number of consumer electronics companies knocking on your door tomorrow, even though it's Sunday.

Off-topic, I know, but why do some people capitalize the first letter of every word in their posts? I find it much harder to read that way, moreso than typical errors in grammar or punctuation. Not trying to be insulting or flame here, just curious. I would think it's a pain to shift for so many keystrokes...

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic. :)

I Noticed That Too Myself And Thought It Was Odd. I've Actually Never Seen Anyone Do That Before... There's Always A First.

Hmmm, Weird, I Don't Think I've Seen Anyone Post Before That Capitalizes The First Letter In Every Word. whaT woulD bE weirD, woulD bE capitalizinG thE lasT letteR iN everY worD. :D

Regarding mpeg 4, at this points its a wait and see game for D* and E*. Who will be first with thier version and who will have the more features and a stable box.

pAUl

What new version?

Have I missed something? What new version of the 811, or is that the same thing as the many times software "corrected" version of our current 811's?

jynx said:
Have I missed something? What new version of the 811, or is that the same thing as the many times software "corrected" version of our current 811's?
No new version of any E* HD receiver has been announced. This is speculation based on E*'s announced switch to MPEG-4 encoding for new HD content late this year.

Actually, an MPEG4 equivalent to the 811 most likely will just be released as a new model. No reason to reuse the 811 model number (confusion would ensue), so it wouldn't be considered a "new version" of the 811.
Paul_Medenwaldt said:
Hmmm, Weird, I Don't Think I've Seen Anyone Post Before That Capitalizes The First Letter In Every Word.
I've seen that a lot on here, at least enough that it made me curious... :)

Its Not That Strange Actually. Its an option in microsoft word its called "Title Case font" or something like that it will automatically cap the first letter of every word. Helpful for research papers, confusing for internet whining......

Jon :rolleyes:

MPEG4 is presently the best compression standard. But if you think once you get a new receiver with the mpeg4 chip you'll never have to buy any more receiver for the rest of your life, then guess again. They'll always be better features that you'll want just to keep up with the Jones'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)