Will the VOOM channels exist in a few years?

Definitely not all of them.

I don't really see a gimmick like the 12 minute loop of HDNews surviving against the likes of CNN HD and Fox News HD.

i kinda like the 12 min loop thing-its nice to be able to put on a news channel and get the news quick-not having to deal with Nancy Grace AND having the news in HD is awesome to me!

That would be because the owner of cable vision also owns voom. His name would be MR. Dolan. :)

Well at least the Voom channels have HD content on the majority of the channels, the majority of the time. Not that Strech-o-vision crap on TNT, TBS, History (new practice for them).

Perhaps now is the time to revisit this matter, with the new HD only pack and perhaps some news in May & new satellites.

Plenty of room to keep Voom?

Sure keep Voom. Programming needs to be upgraded though. Tired of re-cycled reruns.

I foresee someone will make Voom an offer they cant refuse. Then they will be disbanded and reorganized into something else. But then again, I foresaw that I would be a millionaire in 2007 and that didnt happen.

I just drop the Voom channels and changed my package from 200 dish HD Ultimate to 250 with HD essentials. I think the $10 a month is better spent on National Geographic, Diy, Science and the additional movie channels.

The only channel I think I will miss is Universal HD

I think they will be around for a while. I read that cable vision has picked them up. That's two major players they are signed up with.

Actually its strange they waited so long.

Cablevision, through its Rainbow Media, has always owned Voom.

i kinda like the 12 min loop thing-its nice to be able to put on a news channel and get the news quick-not having to deal with Nancy Grace AND having the news in HD is awesome to me!

I agree, wish they had a little more depth however.

I get very upset when I turn to a news channel and all I get is Nancy Grace or Larry King or what ever, use to be a fan of CNN, remember the slogan "around the world in 15 min or was it 30 min" wish it were still true.

Voom has too many niche channels to justify the bandwidth they need.

The great thing about Voom is that every once in awhile you run across a real gem in HD that you would never find on a service like HBO or Cinemax. Tonight, Koyaanisqatsi played on Film Festival. What an amazing movie, and so beautiful in HD.

I definitely watch more Voom than commercial-ridden, stretch-o-vision "HD" channels like Science, TLC, Animal Planet, etc.. To each his own, but it's nice to have options... :)

I think so I enjoy the Voom Channels due to they have alot of things in HD you wont see any where else.

I've captured a lot of prime movies on Film Fest, Kung Fu, Monsters, and World VOOM channels and shows on Gallery and Equator for viewing.

They seldom run over or start early but over the last two days World has been off schedule and showing other shows or show from other days. It makes it hard to get them overnight or day unless you just sat through everything. Off by 30 min to 1:30. This plus the reduced schedule has reduced my interest. I hope they get it straightened out.
-Ken

The great thing about Voom is that every once in awhile you run across a real gem in HD that you would never find on a service like HBO or Cinemax. Tonight, Koyaanisqatsi played on Film Festival. What an amazing movie, and so beautiful in HD.

I definitely watch more Voom than commercial-ridden, stretch-o-vision "HD" channels like Science, TLC, Animal Planet, etc.. To each his own, but it's nice to have options... :)

Actually, I prefer the Discovery Suite to History, A&E, and the Turners because they 'zoom' instead of stretch.... so what if I can't see the phone # to call in 10 minutes because the offer will expire :)

Rob

That used to be my favorite channel, but i can't watch Friday the 13th: A new beginning 47 times in 1 week, it is rediculous:mad:

Sure you can. Just drink lots of coffee. Of course after watching them all you would fit right into one of their zombie movie repeats. Jaaaason.... Jaaaason.... Jaaaason....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)