Will, they take my old dish when I upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Timpanogos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Getting close to upgrading to HD with a phone call this weekend and wondered if they will take my old dish and LNB that I bought and installed myself. I guess that I will need a dish 1000 when they come up upgrade, but I want to keep my old Dish 500 and LNB to install up at my cabin.

Will they also want to take my old Model 322 when I lease a new VIP722, or can I keep that one too? I also paid cash for that.

I know, silly questions to most of you, but I have heard horror stories about installers BSing their way into taking all kinds of stuff they weren't entitled to.

I also need to know if there is an installation charge when they upgrade the dish to pick up HD.

Just tell them that you own the equipment and they won't take it. In fact, if you want, just unhook the 322 and keep it out of sight so it won't even be an issue. I had an old dish and receiver that the previous owners of my house left. The installers said they could take the old dish down but would have to leave the mount on the house. They just left the old dish in the garage. They did take the LNB from the dish, not sure why, but just make sure they know that you own the equipment.

They will take the LNB not matter what, or you wont get the install done. It is required by Dish.

If the tech doesnt turn the LNB in he will get backcharged or not paid.

*snickers* If the owner wants the LNB, they can have it with my upgrades. I have boxes and boxes of ghost equipment to send back anyway. XD

The let me keep my dish 500 but took the yoke with the LNB I paid $100 for and no post was left since they used the existing one. I really wish I could have kept my LNB since I had to buy it when I upgraded to more receivers.

There's been stories where the techs take the old LNB's even if they're customer owned.

Take the old dish down and hide it away before they come. If they ask, just tell the tech you already threw it out. Not much he can do about that.

Tell him you want to put the 322 in another room just to make sure. But tech's never take receivers (you mail them back).

I told the installer that I wanted to keep my old dishes and they said good, less trash for them to throw away. THey were my property anyway not a lease plan.

The tech took my 811 receiver I was replacing also. I said no he said yes then we called dish and they told me to give it to him so whatever. Dish is so messed up it isn't funny. I went to buy a 211 off ebay but wanted to check if it could be activated on my account and they said no so I didn't buy it and I bought a different one that was more expensive and activated it. Then last week they called and asked if I sold a 211 on ebay someone was activating a receiver that was on my account because they activated the receiver I called about that they told me they couldn't activate on my account that I never bought. This sh*t gets annoying!!! Plus all the emails to get my rebates for my 622 receivers and all the no shows for the installations.

The tech took my 811 receiver I was replacing also. I said no he said yes then we called dish and they told me to give it to him so whatever. Dish is so messed up it isn't funny. I went to buy a 211 off ebay but wanted to check if it could be activated on my account and they said no so I didn't buy it and I bought a different one that was more expensive and activated it. Then last week they called and asked if I sold a 211 on ebay someone was activating a receiver that was on my account because they activated the receiver I called about that they told me they couldn't activate on my account that I never bought. This sh*t gets annoying!!! Plus all the emails to get my rebates for my 622 receivers and all the no shows for the installations.

It must have been a lease or they have no right to take it.

They will take the LNB not matter what, or you wont get the install done. It is required by Dish.

If the tech doesnt turn the LNB in he will get backcharged or not paid.

I asked if i could keep the old dish when i got the dish 1000.2 and tech said sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)