will this dish work for free to air??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rivard1973

Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
will this dish work with the pansat 3500sd free to air reciever?
i have this already hooked up for my directv subscription. if i hooked up the pansat 3500sd to one of my outs will i recieve free to air on it?
i am asking because my friend has dish network and the dish network 500 dish and he bought the pansat 3500sd and just hooked it up to his already installed dish network dish and now has free to air on on reciever.

OD1820-BX_zoom.gif

No, no, he's not going to get any DirecTV signals with it.
Think back to that thread we worked on discussing just -how- to use the DirecTV Phase III dish for FTA purposes.

But, Rivard, for real FTA use, you need a 30..36" dish and proper LNB.
FTA being defined as the things you'll see on this FTAlist (there are other lists, but this is the most simple one).
That dish has very limited use if you re-aim it or equip it with a proper LNB, but set as it is and running a DirecTV subscription through it, it's useless.

i'm not looking to steal. i pay for my directv signal..... but a friend of mine bought a fta reciever and hooked it to his dishnetwork dish and he gets like 400+ channels from all over the U.S. i dont know anything about this i just started reading on it after hearing of many who have it hooked to thiere dish network satalites and recieve a ton of channels from all over

No, no, he's not going to get any DirecTV signals with it.
Think back to that thread we worked on discussing just -how- to use the DirecTV Phase III dish for FTA purposes.

But, Rivard, for real FTA use, you need a 30..36" dish and proper LNB.
FTA being defined as the things you'll see on this FTAlist (there are other lists, but this is the most simple one).
That dish has very limited use if you re-aim it or equip it with a proper LNB, but set as it is and running a DirecTV subscription through it, it's useless.

ok, well how come a dish network dish hooked up for service works perfectly without reaiming it.

i am asking because my friend has dish network and the dish network 500 dish and he bought the pansat 3500sd and just hooked it up to his already installed dish network dish and now has free to air on on reciever.
Your friend is probably using a hacked receiver. That is illegal and and not condoned or supported or talked about in this forum. FTA is receiving signals that are not scrambled i.e. they are available FREE without using a receiver containing hack software.
If the original programing was meant to be purchased, and was scrambled for that purpose, then unscrambling it with a hacked receiver is illegal.

BTW Welcome:welcome
Bob

You could get the NASA channel and free music channels on Echo 7 with that dish. The small dishes are handy to leave aimed at a strong satellite and switch to them with a diseqc switch. You really need to get at least a 33" dish and a linear lnb for the popular fta stuff like G10R and IA5. Its frustrating to have too small of a dish and marginal signals, so buy at least a 33" dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)