Will this dish work with Starchoice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
I have this oval channelmaster dish, and would like to use it to get Starchoice. Would their lnb's work or even mount on the feed arm?

Thanks.

Attachments

• dish.gif
    dish.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 280
The LNB"s are circular and Shaw Direct (SC) is linear

That Gainmaster dish is designed for folks who are on the edge of the DBS footprint. Usually for
101/110/119 or
110/119/129

so even if you swapped LNB's the spacing is too far apart for Shaw Direct. Its 9 degrees apart and Shaw is 3.8

If you're talking about Satelliteav yes they do have a LNB setup that works with 4 degree spacing. I had one of the setups at one time. The only drawback is you have to use their 36" dish (Glorystar, azure shine, Geosatpro) as the holder wont work with any other dish.

If I remove the lnb holders that are on there now, is there a way to attach a SC Quad to the support arm? Or. if I only want to look at the HD sat, which generic lnb would work with this dish. I am only needing to feed one reciever.

Thanks again

Thanks Iceberg for your help. I'm just trying to get in on the cheap, since shipping from Canada for that 75E is a bitch.

One last question, I thought I read on some other posts that you have to let Starchoice know which lnb you use so they can set that in the reciever. Can you explain and clairfy that? I want to be prepared if I get a reciever that someone has been using with a quad, and I decide to just use a single lnb.

Sorry, two questions. If I use this for tailgating, will I have to call Starchoice to rehit to activate? I also thought I read that if it doesn't get a signal for a couple of hours.

1. There are two setups. Stacked and unstacked. The quad (that is stock on the 75e) is unstacked so 99% of the time they would set you up for that. 99% of the aftermarket LNB's are unstacked. You will know if they set it up wrong as the horizontal polarity channels wont come in if the maps are wrong. Just tell them you have an unstacked LNB and you'll be fine (heck tell them you have the quad LNB...they know what that is)

2. Mine has been unplugged for more than 2 hours with no issues. Lost power for about 6 hours a few months ago and it worked fine when power came back up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)