Will this LNB work with Two Wally's

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
Will this LNB allow me hook up two Wally's? If so will I need anything else or just a coax from each Wally to a port on the LNB?
IMG_20190307_110944.jpeg
IMG_20190307_111003.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Ok... So it doesn't work. The receiver plugged into port 1 makes it to the activation screen but the receiver on port two does not. The second receiver has the message that you see in the attached picture. I believe that this is the wrong LNB for two wallys.
1554836928631.jpeg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok... So it doesn't work. The receiver plugged into port 1 makes it to the activation screen but the receiver on port two does not. The second receiver has the message that you see in the attached picture. I believe that this is the wrong LNB for two wallys.View attachment 138137

I'm sorry I didn't realize that was a hybrid LNB in your previous picture. Apparently Wally's won't work with the separate ports of a Hybrid LNB so you either have to use a DishProPlus LNB for 2 lines to the LNB or a Dish Channel Stack Splitter so both Wally's can be use port #1.

I know it's not correct, but I've successfully used a DirecTV swm splitter for two wallys off port one of a hybrid ea lnb in an apartment. For whatever reason, the office I work out of doesn't stock the dish approved splitters yet. Gotta do what you gotta do.

That's good to know and makes total sense. I think the specs are almost identical.

That's good to know and makes total sense. I think the specs are almost identical.
There was a certain, ummmmm Retailer (Not a good one) here in the recent past that would setup Hoppers when replacing DTV by putting the Hopper on the port that goes to their power inserter and the Joeys on the other ports, running 1 line off of a DPP lnb and it would work for quite a while. All the tuners weren't there, but it still worked as long as only 1 or 2 TV's were on

There was a certain, ummmmm Retailer (Not a good one) here in the recent past that would setup Hoppers when replacing DTV by putting the Hopper on the port that goes to their power inserter and the Joeys on the other ports, running 1 line off of a DPP lnb and it would work for quite a while. All the tuners weren't there, but it still worked as long as only 1 or 2 TV's were on

I don't know how people sleep at night doing that kind of crap.

Yikes. And I felt bad using that swim splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts