Will this type of connection work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerzstyle00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
dallas,tx
Imsubscribed with dish and have 2 recievers a 722 and a 211.We would like to watch a world cup game on espn at my bro's home who does not have dish but used to have direct tv.Will either of my recievers work at his location?

Here is the details he gave me:
1)2 direct tv dishes on roof.
2)4 cables coming out from the lnb's which connect to a viewsat 4x1 diseqc switch.

Once the dishes are pointed to the arc of 110 and 119, will connecting either dish reciever to teh output bring tv? Or will that switch need to be replaced to a dp34 or dp44?

Im pretty sure dtv LNB's do not work with dish equipment. They are designed to pick up only certain dtv transponders. I could be wrong though

Im pretty sure dtv LNB's do not work with dish equipment. They are designed to pick up only certain dtv transponders. I could be wrong though

I really don't want to spend to much on this project, I looked at dp34 and dp44 switches and there like at least $30 each.Can I get this done by using a cheaper type of switch or will it not work?

Old DirecTV LNBs were in fact compatible with Dish legacy LNBs. However, if you're going to switch two of these, you will need a legacy switch such as an SW21. A DP34 or DPP44 will definitely not work.

If his DirecTv LNBs are Legacy LNBs you could point one at the correct orbital slot, and run a line directly off the LNB to the 211 (two lines off for the 722). You would get only the programming off that orbital slot, but it would work. What you need to do is find out what Sat the channel that will broad cast the game will be on, and point the dish to that Sat. You will probably almost need a sat meter to peak in the dish as the built in meters in either of your receivers are a bit slow to respond.

Really though if you want the easiest option (and as long as you have the Dish Home Protection Plan it should only cost you $15) would be to set up a Dish mover to your brothers address let Dish send out a tech to install whichever receiver you was wanting to use for the game (The tech will love getting paid for a three room install to one TV). Then wait after the game is over, and call Dish to tell them you need to move your service address back to the old address (to keep yourself legal). From that point on if you wanted to take you receiver over to your brothers house for a special event. All you would need to do is take it over, and hook it up.

If his DirecTv LNBs are Legacy LNBs you could point one at the correct orbital slot, and run a line directly off the LNB to the 211 (two lines off for the 722). You would get only the programming off that orbital slot, but it would work. What you need to do is find out what Sat the channel that will broad cast the game will be on, and point the dish to that Sat. You will probably almost need a sat meter to peak in the dish as the built in meters in either of your receivers are a bit slow to respond.

Really though if you want the easiest option (and as long as you have the Dish Home Protection Plan it should only cost you $15) would be to set up a Dish mover to your brothers address let Dish send out a tech to install whichever receiver you was wanting to use for the game (The tech will love getting paid for a three room install to one TV). Then wait after the game is over, and call Dish to tell them you need to move your service address back to the old address (to keep yourself legal). From that point on if you wanted to take you receiver over to your brothers house for a special event. All you would need to do is take it over, and hook it up.

Like plan B but I think his rooms are connected anyway so maybe the installer would get paid for 3 rooms and actually end up not doing anywork ;) I believe I also have DHPP free for 6 months since they just installed my dish a month ago so that might just work.

But I don't want to get into a headache with dish and somehow they end up finding that I didn't really move so i would like to try it myself first(if it's not to complicated) then maybe go to your plan if I couldn't do it.

From what my bro tells me, he had an installer install a viewsat FTA reciever for him which had dishnetwork channels and now it doesn't work.So the dishes he used were 2 direct tv dishes(guessing one was for 110,119 and the other dish was for 118 international),the viewsat 4x1 discq switch,but he is not sure what lnb's he has installed as its to high up the roof.Based on this info is there a good chance the lnb's do not need to be replaced and if so will a SW21 do the job?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts