Will this work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fatreap70

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
I live near St. Louis and needed the 118.7 sat to pick up HD locals. The other day, I lost all HD channels. Called tech to turn channels back on and was told I need a new sat dish.

I currently have a VIP622 box, a dual 500 dish pointing to 119 and 110, and a single 500 dish pointing to 61.5.

Can I point the single dish to point to 118.7 with current setup or do I need a 500+ dish that will point to 119, 118.7, and 110?

I guess 118.7 replaces 61.5 with the 500+ dish so I would think my current dish pointing to 61.5 could be repointed to 118.7 instead of buying a new dish (and a 2 year contract).

Living in the st. louis area, if you want full HD with dish network, you will need birds 110,118, 119, and 129 or 61.5. If you want FSN Midwest you must have 129. If you are scheduled for a new dish install they will be installing a dish 1000+. You will have no use for the 61.5 after the Dish 1000+ is installed unless you want to disconnect the 129 from your dish 1000+ and point a second dish at 129 or 61.5 (for possibly a better signal) The DP44 switch that will be installed will only accept 4 sat inputs so you cannot have 61.5 hooked up to it as long as the other four 110,118,119,129 are correctly hooked up. Make sense?

To garys

Thanks. I guess I will check into a new 1000+ dish. I am new and don't know if I can ask this, but does anyone know where to get one cheap? I checked eBay and it's kind of high, I will look around Craigslist, but if anyone has any suggestions, that's cool. As far as my HD channels leaving, I called Dish to turn them back on but they said that they couldn't and I would need an upgraded dish. In my opinion, they are providing the service, so I feel that they should provide the equipment necessary. I paid $200 for my VIP622, they should at least put up the right dish.

derekspudich

Thanks for the info on the FSNMW. I always saw that the Cardinals games were broadcast in HD, but couldn't find the HD channel. Now I know why, I was hooked up to the 61.5 sat and not the 129 sat. I better check to see what switch I have too, I probably need to get the DP44.

One other question. The Dish tech said I would need the 500+ which would lock me in to 110, 118.7, and 119. Is 118.7 the new HD carrier for my area? I know my locals are on there, but are the rest of the HD channels including FSNMW? If so, I could see getting the 500+. The tech seemed like a pretty good one, but I guess she could have been wrong in telling me this. I would have been really pissed though if I would have had her send someone to install the wrong dish, having to later on get the 1000+. Any ideas on this one?

garys

you hit that one right on the head! They never did get it right in the first place when I got the receiver and now they want me to pay the $250 to get a new dish. Bunch of BS, I'll try to find my own before I pay them that. Oh yeah I can get it cheaper if I lock in to 2 more years on a contract. I'm getting ready to tell them where to stick their service. What a way to treat a long time customer!

Living in the st. louis area, if you want full HD with dish network, you will need birds 110,118, 119, and 129 or 61.5. If you want FSN Midwest you must have 129. If you are scheduled for a new dish install they will be installing a dish 1000+. You will have no use for the 61.5 after the Dish 1000+ is installed unless you want to disconnect the 129 from your dish 1000+ and point a second dish at 129 or 61.5 (for possibly a better signal) The DP44 switch that will be installed will only accept 4 sat inputs so you cannot have 61.5 hooked up to it as long as the other four 110,118,119,129 are correctly hooked up. Make sense?

This is what I do. I leave 129 disconnected. Rather have 61.5 connected so I can receive the Pentagon Channel (9405). Wish they had a 5 bird switch.

This is what I do. I leave 129 disconnected. Rather have 61.5 connected so I can receive the Pentagon Channel (9405). Wish they had a 5 bird switch.

I would be doing this also but like I stated before for us in St. Louis Area, Fox Sports Midwest is on 129. So unless you have no use for that channel, you must point to 129. 61.5 does not carry it.

500+ would work if you used that along with the 61.5 dish. You have two options with the 61.5. Keep it there, or turn it to 129 and you will recieve FSN Midwest. You will lose some minor channels, ie. Pentagon Channel, but your HD's will be the same, and with a deticated dish at 129, you should have NO signal problems in the STL area. Again, you will need a DP44 switch.

If dish comes to do the install I will bet you that they will install one Dish 1000+, as that is the only one dish option.

One other question. The Dish tech said I would need the 500+ which would lock me in to 110, 118.7, and 119. Is 118.7 the new HD carrier for my area? I know my locals are on there, but are the rest of the HD channels including FSNMW? If so, I could see getting the 500+. The tech seemed like a pretty good one, but I guess she could have been wrong in telling me this. I would have been really pissed though if I would have had her send someone to install the wrong dish, having to later on get the 1000+. Any ideas on this one?

Dish is currently using 118 for many of its internationals and HD locals. You need to point to the 118 bird for exactly 4 channels, local's 2,4,5,30. They are on transponders 11 and 18. FSN Midwest HD is on 129 and from what I have heard thats where its going to stay.

Hi New to this, but can you tell me where i can find the map on the 61.5 satellite in the sky. I need to fine tune my dish or move, around. OKC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts