Will this work?

waylew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
northern WEST new york
I plan to buy 2 211k's and go thru DIRT for activation and programming.
My main question is,can I use a Dish 500 with DPP Quad to get 62 and 72? I don't think I need 77.The reason for the D500 is I already have a small pile of those.:D
Or would it be better to go WA and use a second dish for 129? If so what switch would I need to make that work?
I don't really care about my locals,get them OTA,and I think they are only sd anyway via DISH.Locals would be from 13601.
LOS is not a problem for either arc.

No reason for 129 in NY. You are EA. No HD locals via Dish??? What city are your OTA's from/your DMA?

No reason for 129 in NY. You are EA. No HD locals via Dish??? What city are your OTA's from/your DMA?
Locals are Watertown NY,I think they're only SD on Dish but I haven't really checked.And really don't care as I get all my locals just fine OTA.My main concern is getting the non local stuff reasonably well.

A D500 works for 61.5/72.7 , I've been using one for over a year without any problems. If you don't want locals I'm not sure you need 61.5 anyway.

But wouldn't your locals be from Syracuse? Looks like DISH has all the majors but PBS in HD there.

A D500 works for 61.5/72.7 , I've been using one for over a year without any problems. If you don't want locals I'm not sure you need 61.5 anyway.

But wouldn't your locals be from Syracuse? Looks like DISH has all the majors but PBS in HD there.
Nope I'm about 30 miles north of Watertown and about 100 from Syracuse.Actually I'm not sure if Dish even has the Wtn locals,I know Direct does,but it's not overly important anyway.

Upon further review DISH has Watertown locals, but only in SD. And it looks like they are on the 119 satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)