Will this work?

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
OK, I'm very new to Dish so please bear with me here. Without getting into the Dish rules on the subject, is the following set-up possible? I have an old Direct TV dish with one LNB (I think that is what it is called - the little white circle thingy that aims back at the dish). Is it possible to hook that up to an active 322 receiver? If so, what do I need to make the connections?

Basically what I'm trying to do here is use this extra dish to watch ESPN GameDay while tailgating for a couple of football games this year. I would be taking the receiver with me from home and just setting this up at the tailgate. Like I said, I'm very new to this, so this may not be possible, I have no idea. Thanks in advance for the help!

Brian

Hi welcome to satellite guys... :wave :clap Most likely that will not work as you will need two lines running from that dish to the reciver.. 2nd dish network runs off of two sats in the sky and a single location dish will not work to pick up both locations.. all though it is possable if you knew what location the game was coming from and you could get two lines from the LNBF (the white pointy thing ) to the reciver.. and point it to 110 or 119.. I guess the answer to your question is if you run one line your sol but if you run two lines its all good... hope this helps.. if you have more questions feel free to ask as were here to help!

Thanks for the quick reply. There are actually 2 lines coming off the LNBF already, so it sounds like I may be OK? Since all I really care about getting is ESPN I'm guessing there is a list of which bird it is on somewhere? I guess I'm going to go try to find a pole somewhere (local dealer maybe?) and start trying to do this. Does anyone have a link to an idiots guide to aiming the dish? I don't really know where to start and I don't want to mess up the 322 since I will be using it at home except when I'm tailgating! Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)