Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Thanks to SatelliteAV.COM you can the one of the first people to have a test drive the brand new award winning Invacom Quad Polar Legacy 4 O/P LNB!

To be eligible to win please post a message here in 200 words or less telling us why you should be selected by us to win this award winning LNB and how you plan on reviewing this LNB for us here at SatelliteGuys.

This contest is open to all Registered SatelliteGuys.US members except staff (sorry guys)

Enteries will be excepted from now until Midnight (EDT) on July 4th, 2005. The winner will be picked and announced here on Tuesday July 5th in the afternoon where you will immediately be shipped the LNB for your use and review.

We ask that then when the winner gets this LNB in their hands to fully test it and write their own full HONEST review of the unit for use here at SatelliteGuys.US.

The winner grants us (SatelliteGuys.US), Invacom and SatelliteAV.COM to reprint your review or parts of your review without any further compensation.

The guys from SatelliteAV.COM are so sure of the quality of this product that they know the review will be good, and to me that says alot about both companies!

Good Luck!

lnb1.jpg

docj2005

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 19, 2004
st louis park mn
The Best Lnb In ThE World

I am a humble guy who live in one of the best areas in the world ...
Minnesota.. A place perfect for give the best a real test..
we get weather to the extreme..
temps as low as -20f and as hot as 100+f.
blizzards to heat waves.. wind and rain
we get it all.. any and all types of weather conditions..
i think i could give the best lnb a real workout
thanks for you time
John "docj2005" Alderson..

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2004
I plan on reviewing the lnb very honestly. I can "see" all birds from AMC 5 to IA 7 with the help of 7 seperate Primestar dishes. I can compare the signal quality difference if any with trees on satellites such as AMC 5, G11 and IA 6. I can compare signal quality on 2 different size Primestar dishes on all of the satellites listed above.

It's up to y'all to decide if I should win, but I would make daily use of the lnb (as I do mine at home already) and help with more to contributions of actual listings of feeds. Better lnb means more signals to post and watch on my Zinwell and DMT receivers.

Thanks for considering :)
Mike

adwan001

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 26, 2005
St. Paul, MN
Why Me

I am not that good of a writer to start with. But, recently I have decided to educate myself about FTA satellites. To tell you the truth, the 2 things I don't know much about are satellites and cell-phones. I practically hated them especially when it comes to thinking about the corporations that run them. Don’t take me wrong: I may have sounded like someone who cannot learn. I assure you that I am a fast learner and I pick things up quick once I decide I want to learn something new.

Now I am working on getting my very first FTA system after subscribing to DishNorwrk for a couple of years and getting sick of the monotony. Having such a piece of hardware in my setup will mean that I can rely on an advanced technology to get me the best of programming quality.
This LNB as I understand is supposed to be the next big thing. Well, I will see about that and you guys will know what I think of it plainly and honestly. I might be the newest member among you guys, but don’t let that be the only rationale you base your decision on.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
The guy who never won anything...

You should pick me because I already own a circular LNB and a Linear Invacom 0.3db that are mounted side by side. I also have an identical 90cm motorized dish sitting next to the setup in progress. I can compare the two setups simultaneously and let everyone know what pros and cons are. Also, I just lost about $800 worth of equipment to lightning and something free would be great as I have done nothing but spend money on sat equipment lately and I asked about these almost a year ago and Iceberg said they were coming and I couldn't wait. LONG LIVE GOLTV !!!

Equipment: 2500A, Fortec Ultra, 2 - 90cm Offset dish w/ SG2100
Unobstructed Arc: 29W - 148W (Yes I get some Atlantic Birds)

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 23, 2005
Well I'm not sure what I can say to impress the judges, but suffice it to say. You ROCK!!

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
I finally have the prime star dish put up on the pole at top of the garage, few foot away from my phase 3 dish, I still not decide which type of LNBF for the dish. I know I can make very good use on this LNBF for experimental, I am sure can do lots recommendation to my customers if found this LNBF be trust worthy. SO, I am waiting and hope I will be the lucky person for this LNBF.

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
Application for testing the Invacom QPH LNBF (REVISED 7/04/05)

New Orleans is a challenging place to live for satellite reception. While we have many sunny days, we also get violent thunderstorms during the summer that pop up from nowhere. Although this kind of weather can be frustrating when one is attempting a dish install, it does provide a great proving ground for LNBF performance under less-than-ideal conditions.

I have the facilities to test the new LNBF on at least 3 dishes--including a motorized Winegard DS-2076 on an SG-2100 motor (the classic FTA setup) and a larger 1 meter Channel Master dish, both mounted on NPRMs. I will also be able to test the LNBF on a Wave Frontier Toroidal T90 dish (by reversing the TP values in the receiver for the circular birds).

Any review would be frank, and would cover all aspects of installation and peaking as well as pictures. I will benchmark the Invacom LNBF performance against both a Fortec FSKUv .4 linear LNBF and the ordinary, RCA-labeled circular LNBF that comes with many DBS packages.

Thanks for your consideration!

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
I am going to nominate myself (of course!) for testing and reviewing this new LNB.

Reasons are:

1) Experienced at self-installing satellite systems (self-installed DTV, DWAY, FTA)

2) Relatively long-time member of this forum (17 months)

3) Excellent access to every satellite in the Clarke Belt. There is not a single tree on my 2.5 acres here in the the lovely North Texas Plains. Also, since I am further south, good dish elevation so the signal is not blocked by ground-based objects.

4) Central US location that would be more representative of US population.

5) Time, Time, Time... I'm a High School Computer Science/Math Teacher, and I have the entire month of July and part of August to dedicate to this effort.

Thank you for considering me for this effort!

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
I believe that I can review this LNB as well as anyone for the following reasons:

1) I live just about as far South as you can get in the Continental United States.
2) I live within a mile of the Everglades which gives me a challenge nearly every evening with rainfade.
3) I have a 1 meter Dish with circular and linear lnb's side by side so I have a baseline to test it against.
4) My dish in attached to an SG2100 motor which seems to be the reason these things were made in the first place
5) I have been a member of this SatelliteGuys since 09-08-2003, practically the start date
6) I have been a supporter of SatelliteGuys from the beginning.

In conclusion I feel that I have been a positive supporter for SatelliteGuys and although my posts are rare I feel that I am positive about the posts that I make. As a Charter SatelliteGuys member I feel that I deserve the opportunity to test and review the Invacom QPH-031 LNB.

Thank you very much,

John Walsh

pacman

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 30, 2003
SF Bay Area, CA
WHY: There is absolutely no reason why I deserve to win this LNB anymore that any of the incredible and supportive members here - I think that any and all active members are deserving for the help and support they give to each other.

HOW: Simple, plug it in to my dish and let my beautiful stay-at-home wife (I love her, but she knows absolutely nothing about the technical details of SAT TV) watch her shows and my kids watch their shows. If there are ANY signal or picture problems - they will let me know. If there is any quality difference, I will hear about it. Then I will write the review.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 19, 2004
I think i should be considered for this wonderfull LNB for a few reasons.

I currently have a 76 cm Winegard dish (purchased from Satelliteav.com) with a .5 single lnb which I would use as a baseline, and two different FTA receivers to test it with. Plus it would be cool to see how this LNB and my 76 cm dish perform compared to my BUD with a .7 lnb, especially on the weaker tps/sats such as g10 and PBS on AMC3 (so far the BUD is winning in s.q. ratings, I'd like to change that :) ).

Weather conditions in northern Vermont are very challenging for us FTAers with temps as low as -30 degrees and as high as 100 degrees with large amounts of falling water in various forms at all times of the year. Rain/snow/sleet/hail/freezing rain fade is a constant problem on my 76cm, I am very interested in seeing if a lower db rated lnb will alleviate that problem.

I would love the opportunity to be able to write an honest review of this units performance compared to my other equipment in all types of weather, on all the sats in the Clarke belt.
PS: Thank you Satelliteav and Satelliteguys.us for allowing us the chance to win this unit, you guys are awesome.

BabaLouie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 8, 2005
Northern Rockies
Pick me because:
1) Invacom makes the best LNBFs
2) Satellite Guys is the best discussion platform out there
3) I will place this lnbf on my Primestar dish with H-H mount, and test thoroughly with
my blind-scan Fortec Ultra
4) I will post results here in exacting detail
5) I have never won anything before
6) I will tell all my friends about Satellite Guys
7) I will tell all my friends about Invacom
8) I will enjoy catching all of those FTA feeds and channels for years to come
9) You guys are the best
10) I have never kissed up more than I have in this post

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2005
I may not have the Franken-LNB... but I do have the Frankenciever, which could always benefit from some low-noise signal goodness!

I currently have two dishes for FTA, a motorized Fortec Star 80P (about to get upgraded to a 90P), and a full array of linear LNBs to try on it (.6 to .3) as well as a Phase2 dish with some duct-taped lnbs on it ;) I would love the opportunity to consolidate this down to one, and I feel I could provide a honest-no-holds-barred review of the device, comparing it to many other lnbs, and seeing its performance on two different size dishes.

I almost have a completely unobstructed view of the arc (less a few church steeples), but I have hit just about everything from PAS9 to G10R

regisma

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 28, 2005
Hi, I'm Regis.

I live Canada, Montreal.

I have a 33 inch fortec dish, a SG2100 motor, a Digiwave Diamond receiver and two LNB one for the circular signals and one for the Linear signal.

I have passed allmost 2 hours each day for about 2 weeks to try to align correctly the dish to accomodate two LNB on a motorized dish.

So the new Invacom LNB will help me to receive and try various satellite and will also, allow me, to watch the TV with my girlfriend instead of watching a small TV on my roof!

I will take the time to fully evaluate this great product and as you know I like to share my finding with others members.

thanks

Regis

wartrue

Jul 1, 2005
wartrue

Hi folks,
I'm new to this site & I think this looks to be something that's "right down my alley". I'm always trying new things to enhance my satelite viewing pleasure. This certainly qualifies as a new & exciting concept.
Chances are that I'll buy one if I don't win one anyway. Of course, FREE is always better. In any case, I'll be glad to give it a good workout & report back my findings.
Feel free to bring out any new products any time. I'm a sucker for new technology.
Thanks for the chance to win.
wartrue

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
I think i deserve it most. (Sad Music plays in background) there I was with the villan standing at the door, my television once again being held hostage... it is the ___________(fill in blank with you choice of cable or satellite providers name) company who has me again. grandma needs another surgery but the price just keeps going up. OH what ever whill i do? how can I save money and save grandma and the ranch? i know i will win quad polar legacy write the review saving other millions of dollars, and we will all live happily ever after. Thank you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)