Wind kicked out service, need help

bhodge10

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Hello,

I live in the Cincinnati area and we just had some pretty strong winds come through last night. Since this morning our satellite service has been out. The box is constantly searching for a signal. I currently have 3 dishes on the side of my house and they probably moved from the wind. What is the best/easiest way to tell which dish is out of alignment? I think I have a dish for 77, 61.5 and 110.

Any help is appreciated.

With the receiver on, press the following keys on the remote:

1. Menu
2. 6
3. 1
4. 1

This will show you the signal strength for a selected satellite and transponder. Select all of the satellites in turn and you should be able to figure out which one is off.

Note that this exercise will start out showing you the currently selected channel. You may get a head start by picking a channel that you can't tune.

Sounds like you might have your dish off peak. I bet you have a 1000.4 sat dish if you have Cinncinati. Especially if you have hd locals . I see that they are on the 77 sat now in hd.

I have a dish and the winds that blew through here knocked out signal. 119. What settings do I put it on. Zip 14304. I really dont know what im doin here. Please someone help.

For zip 14304 if it's a dish 500 follow these steps

1) Make sure the mounting pole is plumb
2) Set the elevation on the dish to 28 degrees
3) Set the skew angle on the dish to 122 degrees
4) Slowly rotate the dish around the 236 degree azimuth angle until you get a good signal on the dish point screen and then lock it down. (When pointing the dish you're not pointing the dish face to the azimuth angle but rather you point it in a line parallel to the elevation angle brackets on the back of the dish.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)