windows 7 64bit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

willie8605

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Oklahoma
Just looking for an update on the status of tuner cards working with Windows 7 64bit. Anyone find any good ones recently or old ones that work on the Win7? Did anyone figure out how to get the Twinhan 1020a working without reducing the amount of RAM?

I have been out of the loop for a few months due to school, so I am a little behind :(

Another user reported ProgDVB Sat. TV Viewer to work well with Win 7 x64. Look at particular your card manufacturer's site for Win x64 drivers and driver modules for various Viewers. Try installing Win 32 on a separate partition of your x64 PC, and see if Twinhan 1020a will work OK using Win32 drivers.

Did you buy Twinhan Visionplus 1020A from Amazon? Does it support clear DSS signals according to your own tests? It was said, not all versions of Twinhan 1020A support viewing or listening to clear DSS channels.

I was focusing on hardware and forgot about compatibility issues with software.

So, if you list a card on this thread as known to be working in Win7 64bit, please specify what software you are using as well.

The 1020a I bought (on Ebay) is the version that works with DSS. It is the older one with the larger profile. The newer 1020a cards with the smaller profile (look like the 102g) are the ones you are referring to as the version that doesn't support DSS.

With a Prof 7300 card I have had success using the x64 ProgDVB version 6.24 with Win 7 x64 Home Premium. The drivers are x64 beta drivers from Prof and the codecs were x64 versions too. It functioned perfectly, beyond my wildest expectations, just yesterday.

My earlier experience with ProgDVB versions 6.21, 6.22 (would not even setup) and 6.23 were frought with many crashes, some of which were because of codec choices. If I used a 32 bit codec with the x64 OS setup it was sure to crash. Some x86 codecs crashed the x86 OS attempts on the 64 bit machine..

I have tried DVB Dream, and DVBviewer (both x86) on my 64 bit computer and neither would control the 2x1 Diseqc switch. They were compatible to a certain extent but the x64 ProgDVB was the first program on the 64 bit computer(with both Win 7 x64 and XP evaluation x64) to control the switch.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing it so explicitly. This info is in fact very helpful for those who build their 64-bit HTPC nowadays. Despite you tested only one card make and model, still its a good initial pointer for those having different card models as well. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.