Windows 7 boot up issue

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
So I brought my laptop on vacation with me, the whole time I couldnt use it. Unfortunately it never booted into windows it would just keep hanging up on me saying it was starting windows after about an hour or so a message would pop up saying:

Logon process Initialization Failure

Interactive logon processs inialization has failed
Please consult the event log for more details

ok

So if I either press the ok button or the x to exit the computer freezes and nothing ever happens. When I reboot I will get the option of going into safe mode and it seems all safe modes work. Yesterday I did a restore and was able to get into window normally again however after about 30mins the computer shut off on its own and now can only use safe mode. Hopefully someone has suggestions besides wiping the entire drive.

Have you tried "Startup Repair"? You will likely need the install disk to use it.

Yes one time and it ran for like 45mins-1 hour then it said unable to find a repair.

Do you remember what software you installed before the problems started?
Most likely your Windows is damaged and needs to be repaired or even reinstalled.
Do you have any important files on that computer that you don't have a copy of?

Did you try safe boot (via F8 )?

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Safe boot? is that the same as safe mode? I can get into safe mode and safe mode with networking. However if I try to do a normal boot into windows it doesnt go. Only that one time I was able to get it to go after doing a restore to earlier date and it was fine for about 30min-1hour then it shut off on its own and wouldnt restart into windows normally.

Yes, Safe Mode.
When you have a major problem like this, the first thing you need to think about is preserving important data.
Do you have any important documents or pictures on that computer that you need to save? Assume the worst, that your Windows is infected, or damaged beyond repair.
In the worst case you will have to do a clean Windows reinstall and you will lose all your data.
So, the first thing you need to do is preserve any valuable data: have a copy of all important files.
(Not programs, as they might be infected, just data files).

When I face a situation where I need to reinstall a laptop from scratch, I usually use it as an excuse to upgrade the hard drive. What I would do in such case, I would replace the hard drive with a new one (rather easy to do on most laptops), do a fresh Windows install on the new hard drive, and put the old drive into a USB enclosure (inexpensive enclosures can be purchased at a local Micro Center store or online). This makes it easy to copy old files from the old hard drive to your new installation. And after all is set and done, you end up with an external drive, which you can reformat and use for backups.

Yes it is working fine in safe mode, no restarts or issues starting windows. It is only when I try to do a normal windows login I get that error message after about 30mins of the starting windows screen.

30 min? That should give you enough time to copy important files to a flash drive...

The 30mins was how long the starting windows screen is on when i try to go into windows normally. It says starting windows with the logo then after approx 30 mins I get that error message in the 1st post.

well i can get the files off of it when in safe mode. If im in safe mode it never resets, as a matter of fact I have been using safe mode with network all day and havent had any problems with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts