Windows Phone 7 in-depth preview

If nothing else, I hope Microsoft will keep the other players in this space on their toes...

Diogen.

Too little too late...

Microsoft lost its phone advantage a few years ago.

I do hope though that Windows Phone 7 last longer then their KIN product which was just recently discontinued after only a few months on the market.

I think phone7 is for MS like Xbox - they don't care much about when (and if) it will start making money.
The whole ecosystem - Bing, Zune, Xbox-live and desktop PC features - is tied to the phone7.

It will be around for a while, I think.
And with right pricing and incentives it might even gain market share.

Diogen.

I'm kinda glad to see consistency out of MS. Never, in my opinion, have they put out top notch products, at least in early iterations. If ever. Their success has mostly been based on having the business instincts of a barracuda.

Better for them to fail a few times. Might serve as incentive for improvement.

If nothing else, I hope Microsoft will keep the other players in this space on their toes...

Diogen.

Way too late; and unimpressive. I think Google, Apple, and RIM will continue to dominate the mobile device market; oh, HP will try with Palm, but I see it and Microsoft as at the bottom of the barrel.

Too little too late...

Microsoft lost its phone advantage a few years ago.

I do hope though that Windows Phone 7 last longer then their KIN product which was just recently discontinued after only a few months on the market.

Windows Phone 7 will be big this will be really their first big push I think to really invest into the Mobile Platform. Also I have read where allot of developers have already said that Win7 Devices is easier to create programs for than the Iphone. So I think overall this is going to be big but remember this I think is their 1st step to do it right in the mobile market. Plus I think you will even see the better hardware running Win 7 Mobile.

Way too late; and unimpressive. I think Google, Apple, and RIM will continue to dominate the mobile device market; oh, HP will try with Palm, but I see it and Microsoft as at the bottom of the barrel.

I would say that yes for now they have not done that well but again that's all going to change over the next couple of months. Once Microsoft really invest in something it will be big plus all the Top Cell manufactures know this as well. You will see some of the best hardware I think on Win7 devices.

There are a few reasons I'm not ready to write off Microsoft as a player:

1. They know the value of developers. Just ask Balmer...:)
2. They were never shy to buy market share if they can't win otherwise.
3. And speaking just numbers, they are on par with Google in the US market (were in May).
comScore Reports May 2010 U.S. Mobile Subscriber Market Share - comScore, Inc

Yes, Google arrived there from zero a few years ago and Microsoft from practically owning it.
Still, they don't need to start from scratch...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts