Windows phone 8.1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Just downloaded the developer preview.

Adds some good features.

OS comparison only, WP was already great and smoother than any current os available, but this added missed features and puts it on par with ios and android on that front.

In some ways on that front its superior.
Gonna keep the Lumia icon as my other phone. May well become my main phone with this update.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cool! Yeah wish Sprint would get some Nokia devices.. I really like the look of the Lumia Icon if Sprint don't get their Network in better shape I might switch to the big V. :)

"Os comparison WP was already great and smoother than any current os available, but this added missed features and puts it on par with ios and android on that front. "

NOT buying it.

"Os comparison WP was already great and smoother than any current os available, but this added missed features and puts it on par with ios and android on that front. "

NOT buying it.

We will see I think the gap will be closer that what most realize and with Microsoft there the only one of the 3 that are making money off their competitors plus making money off their devices as well. Plus with Nokia and Samsung who will most likely be making more WP and HTC, Sony maybe you have the big hardware players getting more involved with WP. Apple is loosing face they see that more and more people are trying other alternatives just another reason for them to be taking on Samsung. Not saying Apple is going any where just that more people are trying different devices is all but again everyone should use what they like their all good. Just my 2 cents.. :)

Microsoft needs some better integration with native google apps, namely I'm tired of having to use the browser to check and make changes to my google calender, hence my Note 2 phone is more important than my Venue 8 Pro tablet and will keep me from going with a windows phone. The email client could use some work too

Microsoft needs some better integration with native google apps, namely I'm tired of having to use the browser to check and make changes to my google calender, hence my Note 2 phone is more important than my Venue 8 Pro tablet and will keep me from going with a windows phone. The email client could use some work too

Yeah I think they have a Gmail app but don't know if will pull in your calender but if you add a gmail account to the WP it should let you pull in your calendar events so forth.

You can do that with WP.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

I still consider voice assistants to be gimmicky for my personal use, but cortana is pretty good in comparison to siri which I used occasionally, and Google now which I have turned off on the phone I'm on right now.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Installing the 8.1 Developer Preview right now...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It took three lengthy updates, but I now have Windows Phone 8.1!

Cortana is pretty cool!
I asked her if she knew Siri and her reply was that she tried reaching out, but all they gave her was an iPhone 3G! :D

I am actually surprised Cortana works well even on the cheapest Windows phone.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Installed the latest 8.1 update.
Haven't notice anything different yet, but it is supposed to fix some bugs and improve the battery life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)