Windows - System Error

the ip conflict is two pcs are using the same ip.. most likely one is hardcoded (configured on the box to not be dynamic) and the other is dynamic and pulling the same ip..

my best suggestion is have the computer wizz stop messing around and hire someone who can fix what he messed up.. :)

the ip conflict is two pcs are using the same ip.. most likely one is hardcoded (configured on the box to not be dynamic) and the other is dynamic and pulling the same ip..

my best suggestion is have the computer wizz stop messing around and hire someone who can fix what he messed up.. :)
She also posted this in the pub. Setting up WEP encryption has nothing to do with the conflicting IPs. More than likely it is because of the rebooting of the router.

First, I'm not a "she", I'm a "he". And second, I didn't mean to post this here. I had a brain fart and was thinking I was in the pub. I immediately tried to delete it here but couldn't seem to locate the delete button. I appreciate all the responses and the fact that the mods haven't chastised me for posting this topic here. The funny thing about this situation is that the system error message just will pop up occasionally, but lately almost everyday - and seems to do it when someone in this building turns on their computer and it connects to the network. Rebooting my machine fixes the problem, until the next day.

Sorry about the he/she thing. ASSumed Stacy was a chick. Sorry. :p

How many computers do you have in the building? Just trying to figure out which is the best way to trouble shoot which one is causing the conflict. Somebody has probably set their IP as static within the range that the DHCP uses. It should have been set below that range. My bets would be on the "whiz". The only real need to set your computer with a static IP would be if you were running server software on your PC or if you needed to make use of port forwarding in the router for something like bittorrent. Or it may be a print server with an improper IP address? Have you added a network printer lately?