Windstream and Dish Bundle! What is a SlingLink?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glennh73

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Hi everyone, havent been here since Jan 26 of 2007.
I made a thread on Dbstalk and thought i do same here cause not sure which ones better in getting answers.

Today i got my Dish hooked up as i went threw Windstream and got the bundle deal of 6M internet, Unlimted phone nationwide, and Dish Top 200.

All for about $106 a month locked in for life.

Now my questions. I got the Vip222K and wonder if that is a good receiver? The last one i had years ago was the 811.

The Dish is according to sheet 1000.2 so what sats do pick up? I use to get 61.5 for Voom( remember them) and 2 other sats but not sure if one was 119.

Has Dish put anymore Sats in the air and is the HD still HDLIte?

Also instead of pluging phone cord into receiver they used a D-Link Desktop switch and a SlingLink Turbo through my DSL on my computer. Now first off is that safe as i live in a Duplex an what else can i do with that setup? Dont know much about networking etc? Any chance i can somehow watch stuff threw my computer?

And really what is all that stuff? A SlingLink Turbo?

Great to be back and away from Comcast. They raised our bill to $80 just for cable and threw Windstream i get much more for $106.

Sorry for all the questions.

I can't answer any of your questions, however the lifetime price guarantee for Dish services is only for the Dish America HD package. All other packages do not have this guarantee. Read the fine print on the Windstream website. Still a good deal.

Hi everyone, havent been here since Jan 26 of 2007.
I made a thread on Dbstalk and thought i do same here cause not sure which ones better in getting answers.

Today i got my Dish hooked up as i went threw Windstream and got the bundle deal of 6M internet, Unlimted phone nationwide, and Dish Top 200.

All for about $106 a month locked in for life.

I can't answer your questions, however I have a question for you. Were you a existing Windstream customer? I get my phone, internet, and Dish thru Windstream and my bill is $168. I wondered if existing customers can take advantage of this and save a few bucks.

Last edited:
I can't answer your questions, however I have a question for you. Were you a existing Windstream customer? I get my phone, internet, and Dish thru Windstream and my bill is $168. I wondered if existing customers can take advantage of this and save a few bucks.

Yes i have been a windstream customer for a few years with Internet and phone. Though phone was just free for calls comeing in and 10 cents calling out.

But its for new and old, heck i was with Dish a few years back too. So doesnt seem to matter to them. Not sure how you paying that much.

As said above, their website shows the 200 package as a 12 month deal.

well they did kind of lie on windstream website as im now locked into a 24 month contract with dish. But my bill and issues all go through Windstream.

What is the Dish America package anyway? Oh well im only paying for the internet as someone else wanted the Dish and paying for that as she wanted Elvis on Siruis.

Last edited:
Dish Network DISH America
DISH Network is taking High Definition Television programming to the next level! The DISH America by DISH Network offers the industry's ONLY 100% HD programming packages on the market. DISH Network has the most extensive channel selection of HD programming packages in satellite TV. Packages start out as low as $24.99 per month. The DISH America exclusive feature set includes: all channels delivered in HD, 1080p VOD-the same resolution as the Blu-Ray Disc, multiple room DVR capability and the best DVR on the market (better than Tivo). Current subscribers can add HD programming for as little as $10 per month.

well they did kind of lie on windstream website as im now locked into a 24 month contract with dish. But my bill and issues all go through Windstream.

They did not lie at all. You just read what you wanted to.

They did not lie at all. You just read what you wanted to.

"Get high-speed Internet, unlimited nationwide calling and digital TV for one low price - for life! No short-term gimmicks. And no annual commitments. Just a lifetime of savings on the services you love."

See part where it says no annual commintment?

"Get high-speed Internet, unlimited nationwide calling and digital TV for one low price - for life! No short-term gimmicks. And no annual commitments. Just a lifetime of savings on the services you love."

See part where it says no annual commintment?

Certain packages were clearly identified as good for life. Yours was not. So you assumed incorrectly.

Certain packages were clearly identified as good for life. Yours was not. So you assumed incorrectly.

Is it "Dish America" only that is with no annual commitment? Right now I have America's top 250 without HD. I am considering this but don't want any commitment since Directv will be launching our locals later this year and I may want to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)