WINEGARD Digital magic sensor unit??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dr_Brian_Oblivion

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
I was window shopping at the Sadoun website (hey...don't laugh) and came across an RV setup with a "digital magic sensor unit" to help installation.
What exactly is this unit and what does it do??
Anybody know??

Winegard sure make GREAT products :)

Its a digital elevation display/readout, they probably use an elevation "can" chip, liquid filled when it tilts it reads off the elevation!

“Digital Magic” elevation sensor, simple to operate. After you park, the LCD readout inside your vehicle shows the exact elevation of the dish to within 1°, even if not parked level. Raise, rotate and lower the dish with the hand crank inside."

http://www.winegard.com/mobile/crank.htm

I wonder how the D* "dishes" work on the JetBlue airliners. Obviously, they're not dishes, due to wind resistance. Do they use some kind of omnidirectional antenna device? Or, maybe a cardioid pattern that rotates based on the planes position?

In regard to the Jet Blue question: I got a satellite catalog a few weeks ago which featured a flat panel antenna for Directv. The description said that it required no aiming other than being mounted on the roof of a vehicle. I don't have the catalog handy at the moment, but as I recall the wholesale cost of the setup was about $1500.00. (which means I'll never buy one.) Some of the antennas for recreational use are amazing. There was also one for boats that automatically compensated for the motion of the boat and supposedely kept a satellite lock automatically.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts