Winegard OE-Dish Kit for Directv to Dish Conversion?

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I contacted Winegard today to double check what I needed to convert my Directv Trav'ler to Dish. They said the RP-SK-11 and RP-SK-21 are not sufficient to convert the system. I would need the OE-Dish kit instead. I sent Winegard the numbers off of the controller as well as the info from the Trav'ler turrent.

Being I have not read anything about this kit I am double checking Winegard.

Is the unit you have?

RV Satellite Antennas | Winegard Trav'ler | 22-1320

If that’s the case, your probably better buying a whole new system or selling it on eBay to buy a dish version. Or just keeping Directv.

Usually the ones that do 101 only have dip switches inside that can be changed in a few minutes

No, I don't think so. Mine only has one LNB and it picks up only three satellites.

Winegard sent me the instructions and they were the same as if I bought the SK-11 and SK-21. Their cost is $232 plus shipping which is close to what the other two pieces cost from Amazon. In those instructions the only difference is the packing up the old LNB for returning it. The instructions are like this https://www.rvsatellite.com/Manuals/Winegard/2452138.pdf.

I am thinking Winegard may just be trying to sell what they have instead of me buying it from Amazon, but I want to make sure I get the correct parts.

Still looks like a pain to convert it. Doesn’t say where you get any parts.

I wouldn’t even want to attempt if.

The mechanical conversion is just nuts and bolts, well within the capability of anyone with a few hand tools that can read and follow directions. The price difference between the conversion cost and replacement cost is over a $1000.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Still looks like a pain to convert it. Doesn’t say where you get any parts.
I wouldn’t even want to attempt if.

I did a Winegard Travler DirecTV (SK-3005) "Slimline" dish to DISH last year. I think the hardest part was checking the Travler controller software -- https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/sk3005_to_sk1000_07-software-check.jpg Just took a couple hours.

The conversion kits (RP-SK11 and RP-SK21) are available through Winegard.