Wineguard dish Vs. SG2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

giraffejumper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2006
Is this going to be an issue?
I have a Wineguard 2076 31" dish with SG2100 motor and InvacomQuad Polar LNB.
My latitude is 33.29 and longitude is 86.58.
I set the latitude on the motor to 33 and when I went to set the number on the dish (which should be 40 degrees minus declination = 34.6) there is a bolt on the back of the dish rubbing into the motor arm keeping me JUST enough from getting the setting correct.
I think it was at about 32 was as far as I could go.
Any suggestions?
2100-winegard.jpg

In this picture from the DMS website the bolt (not the one they are talking about!) is in between the 2 arrows and when I tilt the dish back the bolt strikes the motor arm and keeps it from hitting although it is so close.

Also - does anyone know how to use a motor with a Viewsat Xtreme, especially with USALs?
I noticed that some were having problems in past posts.
I keep getting "range overflow" and stuff like that.
Thanks,
-phil

I set the latitude on the motor to 33 and when I went to set the number on the dish (which should be 40 degrees minus declination = 34.6) there is a bolt on the back of the dish rubbing into the motor arm keeping me JUST enough from getting the setting correct.
Thanks,
-phil
If your SG-2100 is less than 2 years old - shaft angle changed from 40° to 30°, hence the formula on the newer motors is 30° minus declination = 24.6°.
If you downloaded a manual from the internet - some of online PDF's still show the old 40°. If you are using the manual that came with your motor - 40° is probably correct.
Bob

If your SG-2100 is less than 2 years old - shaft angle changed from 40° to 30°, hence the formula on the newer motors is 30° minus declination = 24.6°.
If you downloaded a manual from the internet - some of online PDF's still show the old 40°. If you are using the manual that came with your motor - 40° is probably correct.
Bob

That MUST be it! Thanks! I had to download it since there was not a manual in my motor box.
The dish looks as if it is pointed almost directly in the sky!
But it looks like this will make it even higher.
Will be back with an update after I get off the ladder.
-phil

Ok - I fixed the dish reading from 40-dec to 30 - dec.
I am picking up a lot more signal - but still no quality - except I was able to pick up a couple of fox news color screens with a loud noise in the background.
Has maybe other settings in the book also changed?
Because no matter where I point this thing - I get no better of a signal.
I just ordered a Fortec Mercury II because I heard it was better with a motor than this Viewsat Xtreme.
-phil

If you were able to get bars and tone from a news feed, you were tuning in a signal. Remember, only the QUALITY is important. Signal will tell you that you have your LNBF hooked up, but that's about it. You will want to pay attention to the quality meter when peaking your dish and motor.

Wineguard dish Vs. SG2100 & Range Overflow on ViewSat Rx

Any suggestions?
2100-winegard.jpg

In this picture from the DMS website the bolt (not the one they are talking about!) is in between the 2 arrows and when I tilt the dish back the bolt strikes the motor arm and keeps it from hitting although it is so close.

Also - does anyone know how to use a motor with a Viewsat Xtreme, especially with USALs?
I noticed that some were having problems in past posts.
I keep getting "range overflow" and stuff like that.
Thanks,
-phil

giraffejumper, on your ViewSat Receiver you are getting "Range Overflow"because you haven't set in your Longitude and Latitude Settings in USALS. Got to "Antenna Settings", scroll down to Motor, sidearrow / select USALS, then press "OK" and type in your Longitude and Latitude settings then press "OK" again.

you are getting "Range Overflow"because you haven't set in your Longitude and Latitude Settings in USALS. Got to "Antenna Settings", scroll down to Motor, sidearrow / select USALS, then press "OK" and type in your Longitude and Latitude settings then press "OK" again.

I entered it in and it shows it on the screen.
And when I check the dish - it HAS moved when it doesn't give the "range overflow" message.
It gave me this message for my true south satellite, but moved all the way west for some other one without a pause.
-phil

Wineguard dish Vs. SG2100 & Range Overflow on ViewSat Rx

I entered it in and it shows it on the screen.
And when I check the dish - it HAS moved when it doesn't give the "range overflow" message.
It gave me this message for my true south satellite, but moved all the way west for some other one without a pause.
-phil

Did you Save the settings and "press OK" after typing in your Longitude & Latitude settings? Once these settings are saved properly they automatically appear for each Satellite you are trying to Scan in. Also each Satellite must be "Blind Scanned in" to get the Channels.

Did you Save the settings and "press OK" after typing in your Longitude & Latitude settings? Once these settings are saved properly they automatically appear for each Satellite you are trying to Scan in. Also each Satellite must be "Blind Scanned in" to get the Channels.
Thank you.
No, I didn't save it and what was happening was that it would only work if I went back to the reference point first and then to whatever satellite.
If I didn't go back to the reference point first, then I got the "overflow" message because I guess it was trying to go to the satellite from whatever position it was in instead of a known position since I didn't save anything.
A lot of this is still Greek to me, but it is definitely getting better - especially with the great help here.
Thanks!
-phil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)