Wing Dish Decision

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Plazzman

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Avon Indiana
First off sorry if this is not posted correctly. Looking for some advice.
Back in January of this year I used the dish mover program to move my service to a new spot. Paid the $99.00 fee as I didn't want the 2 year commitment. Installer met me at the new place and installed the new integrated 1000.2 dish. He had a heck of a time getting anything from 129 but tuned it in very week signals but was good but very susceptible to rain fade and wind compared to my old setup. Up until about 2-3 weeks ago ( I suspect Leaf Growth) I had switched to the HD only package and now have absolutely no 129 not even after I went and tweaked . The place I moved from was a self install with 2 dishes one pointed at 61.5 for the High Def. the other at 110 and 119. I do have a clear LOS to 61.5 but only have an 18" direct tv dish and would have to buy an DP pro lnb I think to add a wing dish to this system.

My questions are

Should I just call dish and make them install the wing dish?
Can I just buy a DP Pro lnb and add to the drect dish and be done with it?

Thanks sorry for such a long post.. Plazz

Go Folding Team :up

DirecTV dishes generally have a square tube for the LNB, whereas DISH dishes have a D shaped tube. You can cut a DP LNB with a hacksaw to fit, but you can find a DISH dish pretty easy on Craigslist.

Thanks for the quick reply.. Dish is not prevalent here in Indy as they have no locals here so dish's are not easy to find on craig's list. The Direct TV dish I have has the Oblong I mount on the end will this fit the dish lnb? Probably have to drill a couple of holes ??

DirecTV dishes generally have a square tube for the LNB, whereas DISH dishes have a D shaped tube. You can cut a DP LNB with a hacksaw to fit, but you can find a DISH dish pretty easy on Craigslist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)