Wing Dish or No Wing Dish

abisdabis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Western PA
On my original install I received a Dish 1000.2 and was able to see the 129 satellite. The tech said that a tree was very close to the LOS and might cause trouble in the future. Over a period of 5 months the signal dropped repeatedly so Dish sent out a tech and he installed a wing dish so I could see 61.5. The tree that was an issue for the 129 LOS is now gone. At this point I could get rid of the wing dish and get HD from 129 or just leave it as it is. Is there any benefit one way or the other? The second dish is not really an issue as my wife is used to it but I am not sure if one set up is better in some way than the other.

The only other addition I would like to make is to add an OTA antenna so I could record an extra show now and again. Does that make one set up better than the other?

Depends on where you get specific channels, HD locals are located on 61.5, 118 or 129 and RSN HD's are on 61.5 or 129 although some appear on both with the others being added to the location they are not on. You have to look at what you have and want and where they are provided from to make your decission.

Depends on where you get specific channels, HD locals are located on 61.5, 118 or 129 and RSN HD's are on 61.5 or 129 although some appear on both with the others being added to the location they are not on. You have to look at what you have and want and where they are provided from to make your decission.

When I moved from 129 to 61.5 I did not loose or gain any channels as far as I can tell. I am in 15227 and get the Pittsburgh locals. I have a 722 so if I stay with 61.5 can I "switch" to the new SD MPEG4 when it becomes available?

When I moved from 129 to 61.5 I did not loose or gain any channels as far as I can tell. I am in 15227 and get the Pittsburgh locals. I have a 722 so if I stay with 61.5 can I "switch" to the new SD MPEG4 when it becomes available?

I don't think anyone will know until they are in place, but right now you are ok. Your rsn is already active on both 61.5 and 129 and your HD locals are on 118. When channels get moved, Dish gives plenty of warning before they happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)