Wing Dish Won't Work With Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
I have an original Hopper using the Dual Head LNB.on 61.5 and 72.7 with a solo node. That part works fine. I then setup a wing dish with a DP single LNB. I verified I was on 77 with another receiver. I connected the wing dish to the lnb in port on the Dual Head. When I run the check switch the 77 does not show up.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanx

I don't think you can use a Dish Pro LNB.
It has to be Dish Pro Plus
Hoppers are Pro Plus only.
Vips can use either.
I just know your not supposed to mix LNB Technology.

But with that in mind and it is DPP, you verified the 77, but lots of times the receiver my show 77 when in fact it could be on the 72.
You really should have a meter.
And just so you know there is nothing on the 77.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Thanx I did know that and even ordered one special for this. Except I ordered a DP instead of the DPP that I knew I needed. Getting old sucks. :)

Reactions: bspei
Pretty confused here. The only 2 orbital eastern arc lnb with a lnb in port should be hybrid dph model unless I'm mistaken. The 3 orbital eastern arc version was DPP but you wouldn't need 77 on a wingdish with it. Exactly what lnb are you using for 61.5 and 72?

Pretty confused here. The only 2 orbital eastern arc lnb with a lnb in port should be hybrid dph model unless I'm mistaken. The 3 orbital eastern arc version was DPP but you wouldn't need 77 on a wingdish with it. Exactly what lnb are you using for 61.5 and 72?
You are correct, the 2 lnb doesn't have a wing dish input.
Only the Hybrid.
But without a Hopper3, the Hybrid is in DPP mode.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: ChadT41
Right but it shouldn't matter? I used a hybrid lnb with my 722 in DPP mode and used a DP dual for a 61.5 wing dish. It worked perfectly...later when I got the hopper 3 I used the same setup and it also worked in the dph mode. A DP dual should be fine..

Last edited:
Right but it shouldn't matter? I used a hybrid lnb with my 722 in DPP mode and used a DP dual for a 61.5 wing dish. It worked perfectly...later when I got the hopper 3 I used the same setup and it also worked in the dph mode. A DP dual should be fine..
Then I don't know his issue.
But I also don't know why he wants the 77 either.

But I've had failed attempts with wing dish setups using the New UI with the 1000.4 dish.
But using the DPP44 it worked perfectly.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You might be using the DPP 1k2 eastern arc twin which has three outputs, no lnb in. As previously mentioned the only eastern arc twin with an lnb in is the new hybrid version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)