WINK Fort Myers, FL has been removed from DISH

WildBill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Florida
WINK-TV, channel 11, the Fort Myers, FL CBS affiliate has been removed from DISH due to a carriage dispute. WINK is owned by the Fort Myers Broadcasting Company.

WINK-TV CBS is still removed from Dish after 3 weeks with the superbowl on tomorrow. Does anyone know if Dish has permanently dropped a local network station before? The local disputes I've encountered before have never lasted this long.

I know that in the Lake Charles area of Louisiana that the Fox channel has NEVER been carried since they have added their locals to DISH because of carriage disagreement. We have no ota guide information either for that channel which I can receive in Beamont, Tx. It's been years now. I suggest either "move" to nearby dma to get your CBS or add an antenna to pick up the station.

I've got an OTA module and antenna hooked up, but I have to put the antenna in front of a living room window to get good reception. This doesn't please the wife. I told her it was just temporary as these disputes are usually settled quickly and the big game would put extra pressure on to resolve the issue. Now I'm beginning to wonder. At least I get guide info which makes it easy to record her CBS programs.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've got an OTA module and antenna hooked up, but I have to put the antenna in front of a living room window to get good reception. This doesn't please the wife. I told her it was just temporary as these disputes are usually settled quickly and the big game would put extra pressure on to resolve the issue. Now I'm beginning to wonder. At least I get guide info which makes it easy to record her CBS programs.

Have you thought of "moving" your service address? That would fix the problem immediately...

Reactions: MikeD-C05
There was just a channel owner that was down for 11 months... they just got it back last month...

Directv’s multi month dispute... if you hadn’t noticed Claude, all the providers have had more and longer disputes. Almost like Charlie called for...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts