Wippee and Question

Reefer123

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
20 Miles from OTA Towers :)
Ok I just walked upstairs and there was the 622 waiting. I was thinking I would have to wait for the installer since I only have one line coming into the room and would need the DPP splitter. But as I opened the box it was inside. So now my question.

I have a single cable coming in with the Sat and OTA on the same cable. Diplexer on roof and one inside the house. I have a SD121 and a 61.5 with a DPP44. Now can I simply use the current cable that is on the SAT IN on my 811 into the seperator and then plug the two exiting cables into the SAT1 and SAT2 on the 622 and be ready to go???

Thanks for your help as if this is the case I will install it myself. TONIGHT!!! And maybe even DVR my favorite show LOST.

volkodav said:
yes you can do that and it will work
ONLY if he ALREADY has DPPlus LNB/switch!

And it's NOT repeat NOT a "DPP splitter". There is no such thing. The OP is referring to a DPP Separator (as he correctly said later in the post).

A DP Splitter is a totally different device for a totally different purpose.

SimpleSimon said:
ONLY if he ALREADY has DPPlus LNB/switch!

And it's NOT repeat NOT a "DPP splitter". There is no such thing. The OP is referring to a DPP Separator (as he correctly said later in the post).

A DP Splitter is a totally different device for a totally different purpose.

he clearly says he have Super Sish and 61.5 with DPP 44. and you know as well as me that people call DP Separators as DP Splitters because they don't know differences. they see one in 2 out so they assume it's splitter

but to activate your recvr they will still have to xcl your work order and actv recvr then create one again .... is that worth it to you? esp with it being a promotion .... you can't since when they xcl it they will have to remove codes from your account , just to do it and not able to garrentee you'll get your same day back, you cannot actv the recvr without closing your work order

622 is hd recvr ..... dish 1000 should have a schld appointment to get the 129 sat

he said he has 61.5 second dish ... and a superdish which has 119 , 110 and 121 ..... i HOPE he has a dish 1000 scheduled to get all his HD programming he's going to be paying for

A large area in the Northeast do not see 129. Thread started never said where is located at so 61.5 could be right. Chances are there could be an open work order and the installer call a specific number to complete it. He should call whomever he called originally and let them tell him what he has to do, they could possible override a workorder if it does exist.

Reefer123 said:
Ok I just walked upstairs and there was the 622 waiting

How did your 622 arrive in your upstairs? I assumed that the installer brought it with him. Is this a standard practice, to have it delivered to you before the installation?
Did it come UPS?

volkodav said:
he clearly says he have Super Sish and 61.5 with DPP 44. and you know as well as me that people call DP Separators as DP Splitters because they don't know differences. they see one in 2 out so they assume it's splitter
Right - I missed it.

As for the Sep vs. split - there's no such thing as a DP Separator.

Layman get the terms wrong all the time. Having seen people try to use a DP Splitter instead of a DPP Separator, - it's important to keep it ALL straight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts