Wireless Joey Can't See 2nd Hopper

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
I have a 2 Hopper system. 1 Hopper has a wired Joey which works OK and sees both Hoppers. The 2nd Hopper has a wireless Joey. At the wireless location you can't see the recorded shows from the other Hopper. CS says that is a limitation of a wireless Joey. Is that true?
I can't believe they would make a newer item with less features. It totally kills the Whole Home use of the Wireless Joey.

After finding some related posts I think I fixed it. I went into the network setups and enabled BRIDGING on the Hopper that the Wireless Joey is connected to.

Can't you just go into the whole home settings and switch what Hopper you are linked to?
I don't know but the tech (not at all knowledgeable) who installed my Joeys did not think so and neither did his boss or the supposed high level tech. I had been told I needed 2 wireless Joeys but wound up with 1 wired and 1 wireless because they did not know how to change the linking of the wireless Joeys to 1 Hopper each.

I don't know but the tech (not at all knowledgeable) who installed my Joeys did not think so and neither did his boss or the supposed high level tech. I had been told I needed 2 wireless Joeys but wound up with 1 wired and 1 wireless because they did not know how to change the linking of the wireless Joeys to 1 Hopper each.

I'll have to look at mine when I get home. Currently mine is linked to the Hopper the Wireless Access Point is connected to.

My Wireless Joey can select any of my Hoppers from the DVR selection dropdown menu. Also, the Wireless Joey can link to any of my four of my Hoppers. First pic is the DVR selection dropdown menu from my Wireless Joey TV. As you can see I can select any Hopper. Second pic is the Whole-Home Display Settings menu (Yellow - Blue - 4). As you can see I can link to any Hopper. My Wireless Joey Access Point is Cat5 attached to the Great Room Hopper. The Wireless Joey is linked to the Kitchen Hopper.

WJ DVR Dropdown Menu.jpg WJ Whole-Home Menu 1.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)