Back with Dish

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Just made the plunge and I am back with Dish. Was with Dish til 2010 and had a 622 and 612 now I am ready to check out the hopper. After having an HR 24 and H 24 for a bit and then Comcast I am glad to be back with dish and bring on the SEC net.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Welcome back, any future Hopper questions, this is the place to ask! :)

I recently just came back to Dish after being with DirecTV, not just specifically for the SEC Network, however that will be nice.
I think it will be interesting to see how many subscribers that Dish will gain in the south just because of the SEC Network.
I don't know about everywhere, but here in Alabama, they have been doing ALOT of direct mail marketing, advertising they are the only nationwide provider of the SEC Network.

I recently just came back to Dish after being with DirecTV, not just specifically for the SEC Network, however that will be nice.
I think it will be interesting to see how many subscribers that Dish will gain in the south just because of the SEC Network.
I don't know about everywhere, but here in Alabama, they have been doing ALOT of direct mail marketing, advertising they are the only nationwide provider of the SEC Network.

I remember when Dish added the Big Ten Network and it was a pretty big deal here. I have to imagine it's a huge deal in the Southeast.

For me for the last 14 months I didn't have cable or satellite. I had been pondering dish again since last September, but last night pulled the trigger. I am getting a Hopper with two Joeys.
I feel like I am behind the curve and have lots to learn. The last Rcvr I had was a 622 and I went through 4 of them because they kept having HDMI issues. I kept getting aggravated when I wanted to watch something only to keep having the black screen of sound and no pic. At least with the Hopper it seems a lot more solid.