Wireless Joey Question?

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Coming back to DISH soon from DTV.

Setup is going to be a Hopper 3 and 1 Joey along with 1 wireless Joey.

My question is, can a wireless Joey be moved from one TV to another and then back again? We have one room that is used just for guests but it's kind of silly to pay 12 months to use a Joey in that room for maybe 7 nights a year. Thanks

It's wireless. Yes. :)

Thanks. I understand it's wireless. I should have been more specific in my question.

So, I can use it on as many TV's as I want as long as it's no more than one at a time? I will only be charged one monthly charge for the Joey and not how many TV's it makes its way to? Thanks again

It will be your secret as to where in or out of the house the Joey is. It's the reason it's wireless so it can be used where needed without worrying about having an outlet to plug into. (And to have it where you can't get an outlet installed) You will pay $7 a month no matter what room or TV it is connected to. Or if it isn't connected to anything.

Coming back to DISH soon from DTV.

Setup is going to be a Hopper 3 and 1 Joey along with 1 wireless Joey.

My question is, can a wireless Joey be moved from one TV to another and then back again? We have one room that is used just for guests but it's kind of silly to pay 12 months to use a Joey in that room for maybe 7 nights a year. Thanks
I do it all the time. :) Move it around that is, the Wireless Joey.

You can move it where you want, but it needs to get the signal from the wireless Joey base before it will work.
We have a two story 2,000 square foot house. The wireless Joey base is on the ground floor in the middle of the floor plan, and the two receivers we have are on the second floor probably 20 feet away and they get a good signal and work fine. I found that in testing the signal strength in the further two bedrooms - probably 50 feet away, again on the second floor, they get a much weaker signal so we probably would need a signal extender for them.

The wireless Joey moves to 3 TVs in my house. I have 3 separate Dish remotes that I leave at each of the 3 TVs that were programmed to the wireless Joey and the TV it is near. If you don't have a Dish remote for each TV you have to have the TV remotes to turn it on and off and control the volume or you have to reprogram the single remote that comes with the wireless joey each time you go to a different TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts