Wireless Joey

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
Does the wireless Joey work well with the H3? Is it more than a Joey 2? I need a Joey that I can move between rooms easily.

Does the wireless Joey work well with the H3? Is it more than a Joey 2? I need a Joey that I can move between rooms easily.
It works well for me. I have it in the garage, maybe 50 feet away from the h3. The guide is slow, but no drop outs. We love it!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have the wireless Joey as well. As mentioned, the guide is slow, but definitely livable. I came from direct which had a wireless system as well. The guide on direct did move faster, but if you put the client in IR mode, the genie would miss commands left and right from my harmony remote. I am pleased to say that I don't have that issue with the wireless Joey.

If you are using the wireless Joey in a bedroom, it will be usable for sure. If it was going to the living room, I'd say get a wired Joey.

The monthly fee is the same for a wireless Joey as it is for a wired one. I've installed many of them for customers and virtually all are very happy with them and they have proven reliable. The only time I have run into issues with WJs is situations in which a house has been added onto and the WJ is trying to see the AP through a former outer wall that has that foil backed insulation board in the wall....stops the signal dead in its tracks.

If you are using the wireless Joey in a bedroom, it will be usable for sure. If it was going to the living room, I'd say get a wired Joey

Have you ever had a wired Joey? While the Wireless Joey isn't a speed demon by any stretch, I find the WJ actually performs faster than a wired Joey 2, and is considerably faster than the decrepit Joey 1.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The monthly fee is the same for a wireless Joey as it is for a wired one. I've installed many of them for customers and virtually all are very happy with them and they have proven reliable. The only time I have run into issues with WJs is situations in which a house has been added onto and the WJ is trying to see the AP through a former outer wall that has that foil backed insulation board in the wall....stops the signal dead in its tracks.
Have you heard of the Netflix app having a problem? Recently, in the evenings, I click the Netflix app and the screen goes blank, it stays that way until I hit the reset button, very annoying and unstable, any suggestions? Thanks.

? It came with my Daughter's wireless Joey. Do some people have to buy it?
Most people have to buy it.
If it came with your Daughters Joey, its because Dish brought it probably as a new install or arranged upgrade.

I've Inquired several times and Dish will give you the Joey, but they charge $50 for the WAP.

Most people have to buy it.
If it came with your Daughters Joey, its because Dish brought it probably as a new install or arranged upgrade.

I've Inquired several times and Dish will give you the Joey, but they charge $50 for the WAP.
I just had a wireless Joey installed yesterday and was charged $25 which included the Joey and access point.

The business rules in relation to the WJ upgrade are in a bit of confusion right now. One part says the customer has to pay for the AP, another part says they don't. Should be rewritten soon but the authoritative word is that the customer does NOT have to pay for the AP....just $25 per WJ, this is for new or existing customers.

Reactions: Tampa8
Anyone know if a tech visit is required? I did a chat to ask about upgrading my son's piece of junk joey 1.0 to a wireless joey. They offered me free joey and ap but said tech visit would be $95 unless i add the service plan

Sent from my SM-G920P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Anyone know if a tech visit is required? I did a chat to ask about upgrading my son's piece of junk joey 1.0 to a wireless joey. They offered me free joey and ap but said tech visit would be $95 unless i add the service plan

Sent from my SM-G920P using the SatelliteGuys app!
I tried to do it without a visit and they would not let me. But when I pressed the issue they waived the visit charge. The tech said this was his easiest call of the week by far. :)

Reactions: fishman316

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)