Wireless Joeys not Connecting to Internet

RSP

Original poster
Aug 3, 2022
United States
Was at a TC on someone else today where the wireless joeys would not connect to the internet, but the hopper would.

Attempted to replace WAP, Hopper, Ethernet cable, Joeys, and nothing worked. Tried direct Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi didn’t resolve but the hopper used the internet just fine. Bridging was enabled and tried resetting it and network and nothing helped.

Directly wiring the hopper via Ethernet to customers main modem resolved issue, and we replaced the network extender and that ended up being the solution.

Does anyone know why this would happen or know a better solution? I just happened to get lucky that this customer had a different network extender. Wi-Fi provider is Frontier.

Was at a TC on someone else today where the wireless joeys would not connect to the internet, but the hopper would.

Attempted to replace WAP, Hopper, Ethernet cable, Joeys, and nothing worked. Tried direct Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi didn’t resolve but the hopper used the internet just fine. Bridging was enabled and tried resetting it and network and nothing helped.

Directly wiring the hopper via Ethernet to customers main modem resolved issue, and we replaced the network extender and that ended up being the solution.

Does anyone know why this would happen or know a better solution? I just happened to get lucky that this customer had a different network extender. Wi-Fi provider is Frontier.
The Network Extender is the problem. Hoppers do not play well with extenders. I've seen this problem often because of them

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)