Wireless LAN Solution For VIP 622

If you have a VIP622 you can use a USB Adapter, it just has to be the correct make and model. According to the Dish Network tech I just talked to, I can use the "Netgear WNDA3100 v.2" USB wireless network adapter. He claims that other models of USB adapter's will be recognized by your router, but the VIP622 will not recognize them. For some reason, only this particular model will install and work fine with a VIP622. I asked him point blank if it's a 100% certainty that this particular model will work with my VIP622, and he said "yes, it's guaranteed to work". He said it will give me an error message when I first attach it, and I will then need to go through a setup/config menu to get everything working correctly. I wish I could use other USB adapters, as I can find them for around $10 on the net, but the "Netgear WNDA 3100v2" is the only one that has been tested to work, and I can find it for around $30, which is cheaper than the game adapters people have been talking about using on here.

Last edited:
Just bought a used Apple Airport Express on eBay for $50, and it works great! Streamed a 1080 VOD this afternoon which looks awesome. If anyone does this, in set-up, be sure to click the box that says "Allow Ethernet Client". I missed that the first time and it took me a while to figure it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)