Wireless Phone Jack Question

knighthammer

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
I really thought I'd seen this answer before but now I can't find it. Sorry if I didn't look in the right place.

I need a wireless phone jack for my VIP 622. Is there a type/brand that I should be looking for? Also, is there a brand that I shouldn't get? The signal will only be travelling about 20' but through a wall if it matters.

Thanks guys!

I dont have a better alternative yet to that RCA, but keep in mind that the 926 apparently does not support caller ID, so you wouldnt get caller id on your TV screen.

I use the phillips model that they sell at walmart( i got mine there)
plus they have the same one @ lowe's. Both pieces are white. i dont know the model #. It works great. Mine is about 25-30 feet away and it works with no problems. Caller id works everytime.

I really thought I'd seen this answer before but now I can't find it. Sorry if I didn't look in the right place.

I need a wireless phone jack for my VIP 622. Is there a type/brand that I should be looking for? Also, is there a brand that I shouldn't get? The signal will only be travelling about 20' but through a wall if it matters.

Thanks guys!

The phonex ones are really good. And the wireless jacks don't send the signal through the air. It goes through the electrical lines.

I use the phillips model that they sell at walmart( i got mine there)
plus they have the same one @ lowe's. Both pieces are white. i dont know the model #. It works great. Mine is about 25-30 feet away and it works with no problems. Caller id works everytime.

How much do they cost?

According to the Dish website, they are now selling the Phonex PX-441. I'm not sure what the difference is from the PX-211. Do installers generally carry these units in their trucks?

How much do they cost?

It was $59.00 at both places, walmart and lowes
The package includes both pieces.
I bought mine before the dish man arrived, but when he got here he said he had a set on the truck for $50.00. You might want to wait and see if he has a set, and how much his are? Or call dish and ask them, they might throw in a set for free or maybe half price. $25.00. it doesnt hurt to ask them.

Ok, new issue with wireless phone jacks. My house is 3 years old. In my living room, all of the outlets are controlled by on/off switches. On each outlet, the top plug is switch controlled, the bottom plug is not. I have all of my TV/Dish components plugged into an electrical strip which is plugged into the bottom outlet. I have read that you can't plug the wireless jack into a strip but must be plugged directly into the wall outlet. Is there a way to change one outlet in the room so that it is no longer controlled by the wall switch without changing them all?

Ok, new issue with wireless phone jacks. My house is 3 years old. In my living room, all of the outlets are controlled by on/off switches. On each outlet, the top plug is switch controlled, the bottom plug is not. I have all of my TV/Dish components plugged into an electrical strip which is plugged into the bottom outlet. I have read that you can't plug the wireless jack into a strip but must be plugged directly into the wall outlet. Is there a way to change one outlet in the room so that it is no longer controlled by the wall switch without changing them all?
They say you are not supposed to have them plugged into a strip, but I have the receiving end plugged into a strip and it works fine for me.

If you want, just plug the wireless jack into the top switched outlet by your strip, but make sure you leave that switch always on so the phone jack will always be on.

If you want, just plug the wireless jack into the top switched outlet by your strip, but make sure you leave that switch always on so the phone jack will always be on.

I don't want to lose the convenience of turning all of the lights out in the room with one switch. I called an electrician & ther is a way to change that one outlet so it is not controlled by the switch, so I think I have the answer.

Thanks to everyone who helped. As always, you guys are great!!!:up

Generally, you can't plug the wireless phone jack into surge protectors because they have noise filters on them. Since they don't make the distinction between wanted telephone "noise" and unwanted noise, the phone signals get filtered by the surge protector. What you can do is get a cheapo power strip and plug the wireless phone jack into that and then put your surge protector into the power strip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)