Wireless setup greyed out

Lt Disher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
Iowa
My cousins just had a Hopper with sling set up yesterday. The technician did not set up the wifi connection. They want to connect wirelessly, but the 'Wireless setup' button is greyed out and not accessible. Is there a way change that. (As a side note, they do have a wireless joey. Would this have any effect?)

Do they have a hard wired ethernet connection now? if so disconnect the ethernet and then they should be able to setup the wireless connection. The Hopper only allows one at a time.

They do not have a hard wired connection. The wireless joey is plugged into the bottom ethernet plug tho. Would that make a difference?

They do not have a hard wired connection. The wireless joey is plugged into the bottom ethernet plug tho. Would that make a difference?
That is probably the Wireless Access Point that is used with the wireless Joey. Do they have any internet connection at all. Press Yellow button-->Network Setup-->Broadband to see if the hopper is connected to their router and the internet.

Turns out they had a Hopper 2000 which needs a wifi dongle instead of a Hopper with Sling. Thanks again for your help.

They are new customers and we arranged to get them a Hopper3. I don't know why it was not installed for them from the beginning.

Keeping with the above conversation, I have a 722K VIP DVR. I believe there is only 1 USB port on the back of the DVR. Just found out my ethernet connection is not working and would like to connect wirelessly to the DVR. The DVR is already connected to a Sling. Will that suffice for a broadband connection to the DVR? Thanks for your advice.

Keeping with the above conversation, I have a 722K VIP DVR. I believe there is only 1 USB port on the back of the DVR. Just found out my ethernet connection is not working and would like to connect wirelessly to the DVR. The DVR is already connected to a Sling. Will that suffice for a broadband connection to the DVR? Thanks for your advice.

You would need a Dish WiFi adapter like this one to plug into that USB port. I believe there's another USB port on the front of the receiver or you could use a USB hub to connect it and your Sling adapter.

Amazon product ASIN B004Z0RBXK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts