Wiring for Dish Hopper & Joey

Hharbor

Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
Virginia
I have Dish with a 185834 solo node with two cables going from it-one to "Host" and the other to"Client", and I want to move the Hopper from the basement set to the set in the kitchen then move the Joey from the kitchen to the basement. Can that be accomplished by switching the two cables at the solo node? If not can that switch be otherwise easily done?

Thanks

I have Dish with a 185834 solo node with two cables going from it-one to "Host" and the other to"Client", and I want to move the Hopper from the basement set to the set in the kitchen then move the Joey from the kitchen to the basement. Can that be accomplished by switching the two cables at the solo node? If not can that switch be otherwise easily done?

Thanks

As long as the kitchen wire is good quality RG6 you should be all set if you swap the wires and the receivers.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

:welcome

Reactions: HipKat
Thank you for the info. I am an old timer with a good deal of experience in old time electronics-like tubes and resistors but have to be careful when fooling with things of today. I am going to try a wireless Joey in a new addition on the first floor and I think my reception will be better if I move the Hopper to the same floor. By the way the RG6 was just put a few years ago and is OK.

Thanks again