wiring help, if at all possible.

breathe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
So my father has a 322 receiver, and wants to mirror tuner 1 into one bedroom, and mirror tuner 2 into another. Tuner 2 is already mirrored, however im not sure if this is possible with tuner 1 short of running a cable directly to that room. tuner 2 is backfed thru the cable via diplexers, is there a way to back feed tuner 1 also on that same cable?

Assuming multiple outputs on TV1 are "on" all the time, connect the TV closest to the 322 with S-Video/Red&White RCA or YELLOW RCA/Red&White RCA. Then run the coax output to the other room.

He wants to feed (3) rooms, right ??

How likely are the other two rooms to (want to) watch TV at the same time ?? You could feed both rooms off of TV2, though they can't watch separate programming.

Assuming multiple outputs on TV1 are "on" all the time, connect the TV closest to the 322 with S-Video/Red&White RCA or YELLOW RCA/Red&White RCA. Then run the coax output to the other room.

He wants to feed (3) rooms, right ??

How likely are the other two rooms to (want to) watch TV at the same time ?? You could feed both rooms off of TV2, though they can't watch separate programming.

he wants to feed 4 rooms, 2 rooms direct, and each of the other rooms mirrored off each tuner of the 322.

he doesnt want to run a cable down hallways/through walls to allow tuner 1 to be mirrored. is it possible to hook up and back feed tuner 1 like tuner 2 is?

you can combine the RF output for TV1 into wherever TV2 is going now using a two output "splitter" in reverse, then all attached TVs can watch either one. (TV1 = channel 3 or 4, TV2 = whatever it is now)

You probably will want additional UHF remotes for locations that use TV1.

you can combine the RF output for TV1 into wherever TV2 is going now using a two output "splitter" in reverse, then all attached TVs can watch either one. (TV1 = channel 3 or 4, TV2 = whatever it is now)

You probably will want additional UHF remotes for locations that use TV1.

okay, i understand this to a point. but can you go into further detail. like what do i need to purchase, have any links? can anyone draw up a diagram?

hmm i think i might understand this a little better now. basically hook up tv1 coax output and tv2 coax output to the splitter on the end with the 2 coax inputs, and then the single output on the splitter to the diplexer? does it have to be a special splitter, or just hook it up in reverse of normal?

nothing special, a splitter works as a combiner if the sources are on "out" and the destination is on "in"

hmm i think i might understand this a little better now. basically hook up tv1 coax output and tv2 coax output to the splitter on the end with the 2 coax inputs, and then the single output on the splitter to the diplexer? does it have to be a special splitter, or just hook it up in reverse of normal?

yeah, you got it, just a normal splitter... the only thing you need to watch, is that you dont split it off anywhere between the diplexers. there are 2 diplexers in the system. you are putting a splitter before 1 of them, and if you need to split it off to go to a few tv's... make sure it is after the other diplexer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts