Wiring / install help needed please!

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Can anyone please draw me, or direct me to a link for a multi-receiver, multi-tv intall?

I have TWO DishPro 322 units, ONE DishPro 311 unit, and I want to run 5 televisions (two each off of the 322, and one off of the 311).

I have the Dish 300, with the dual LNBF for satellite 61.5 (we are only going to be subscribed to programming from 61.6 (SkyAngel)).

I have a Dish Network DP34 switch.

If there is any additional seperators, switches or equipment I need, please advise.

Any and all help is welcomed and appreciated.

I know someone out there knows how to do this, and it's probably fairly simple.

I would just like a diagram to make things go quick and easy.

Thank you to all who provide your expert and technical knowledge.

Bob

Since you already bought the DP34 switch and the dual LNB, all you need is a second DP34 cascaded off the first one. The easiest way would've been a DPP44 switch but those are expensive and you already bought equipment. You will need to run two cable runs to each 322 and one cable run to the 311.

Okay, thank you. Getting more information.

Where do you connect the second DP34 off the first one.

And what about diplexers? Are they necessary? What if I want to keep basic cable for locals, informative channels? I know this is more install, but I believe I found a diagram for diplexer installation.

Thanks again.

With a dual LNB you won't need a second DP34 just take one feed off the dual and run it to the DP34 and run the other feed off the dual to the 311. Run the four feeds off the DP34 to the 322s. The 322s must see the same switching on both inputs so the dual must feed the 311.

boba said:
With a dual LNB you won't need a second DP34 just take one feed off the dual and run it to the DP34 and run the other feed off the dual to the 311. Run the four feeds off the DP34 to the 322s. The 322s must see the same switching on both inputs so the dual must feed the 311.

Interesting. Never would have thought of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)